As you see, YouTube.com is a nice video sharing site. You can enjoy a lot of wonderful videos on YouTube.com. And if you find your favorite videos on it, have you ever wanted to download and save them to your computer so you can enjoy them anytime and anywhere? Do you have your preference way to download these videos? This article mainly shows you how to download your favorite YouTube videos on Mac (OS X 10.9 Mavericks).
1. Download and start installation of iSkysoft iTube Studio YouTube Downloader (Mac OS X Moutanin Lion included). It's superb easy to use!
2. Open your browser and visit YouTube.com. When you watch a video on it, you will see the Download icon appearing at the top left corner of the video. And several web pages can be opened to download videos at the same time.
3. Open iSkysoft YouTube Downloader by clicking its icon on the dock,the download process can be checked. And in Downloaded tab, you will find downloaded YouTube videos.
3. You can see the downloaded videos on the right by clicking Downloaded button on the left side of the YouTube Downloader for Mac window. With the built-in FLV player, and double-click the program, you're able to view or play the video.
To convert YouTube video, click the Convert button on the right. And you can convert YouTube videos to iPod, iPhone, iPad and all popular devices. In the window that appears, choose from about 100 output formats and click OK to start conversion. Also see the video tutorial about how to download YouTube videos on Mac using iSkysoft iTube Studio.
Part 2. Download videos from YouTube on Mac without a third party program
Update: This method doesn't works any more due to code changes on YouTube.
1. Launch Safari and find your interested video.
2. Then,go to 'Window' and down to Activity. Press it, you will see a dialog box;
3. Find the YouTube page among files appeared in the window when the dialog box shows up.
4. After it's located and all the activities going on in the page is expanded, find the largest file size (you can find it in the right hand corner). In YouTube page, many video files are small, while most FLV videos are large files.
After the largest file is located, you just need to double click on it.
There are several free online downloader websites for you to choose to download YouTube video on Mac:
Part 3. The method to download video, music, etc with Limewire on Mac.
1. Go to the website of limewire to download Limewire software
Hit 'Mac OS X (10.4 Tiger, 10.5 Leopard)', you can get the basic version for free.
2. Install and launch the Limewire, just input some of your interested words,select the type, and click search, then you'll find lots of files for you to download.
You can find and get the file by clicking download button. What's more, several files can be downloaded at the same time.
Then click 'explore'when you finished downloading the file, and you will find your download videos on Mac.
Windows version can be downloaded if you want to download videos from limewire.com on your PC. If you can't find the YouTube and limewire videos files that you need, refer to the guide to know the method of converting downloaded files to other format.
Tips:Learn to get/record videos from video sharing sites for free.