This guide contains 4 parts. Click a link to jump to the part you need now:
- How to Play AVCHD M2TS Files on Mac
- How to convert M2TS to AVI, MPEG, etc. on Mac OS X
- How to Burn M2TS to DVD on Mac
First you'll need a decent Mac M2TS converter like iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac which enables you to convert M2TS to compatible formats with your iPhone, iPad or other portable player and app.
Install and Run M2TS Converter for Mac
To install it, simply mount the .dmg archive by double-clicking it, and copy the application to your applications folder (or wherever you want it).
Load the M2TS videos you want to convert
Click the Add Files button to load your M2TS videos by browsing your computer folders. Or drag and drop the files into the program, and you'll see the added video files shown as below.
The third alternative way is to connect the device with the M2TS files (camcorder, etc) to the computer and all available files will display on screen.
Convert M2TS to AVI, MPEG, MP4, etc. on Mac OS X
If you want to convert M2TS to other video formats, you need to select the output format as some video formats such as AVI, MP4, MPEG. Or you can select a preset according to the name of video editing software. Afterwards, click the Convert button to start tasks.
Watch this video to see how to convert M2TS files step by step.
If you want to convert M2TS to DVD, you need DVD Creator software. I recommend iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac. It is an excellent video to DVD burner for Mac that can burn MP4, MPEG, MKV, ASF, AVI, TS, MST, M2TS to DVD which can be played on portable and home DVD players.
- Install and Run DVD Creator for Mac (Mavericks and Mountain Lion supported)
- Load videos - Click the Add button to load your M2TS videos.
- Edit M2TS Files - You can trim and crop the video files and adjust the effects before burning the videos to DVD on Mac.
- Edit DVD Menu - This M2TS to DVD burner for Mac allows you to create your own DVD menu with various built-in resources. Click the Menu button on the bottom right of the main interface to edit the DVD's menu.
- Previewing the Project- After finishing all the editing, you can click the Preview button on the main interface to preview your DVD project.
- Burn M2TS to DVD on Mac - After you choose the correct DVD disk and the suitable video quality, you can click the "Burn" button to set burning settings and burn your DVD project.