To watch Netflix on PS3 or PSP game console, you have two methods:
PS3 and PSP have gained the ability to stream Netflix since 2009. That’s to say, you can directly watch Netflix on PS3 or PSP without any difficulty.
To enjoy the Netflix streaming videos on your PS3 or PSP, you need to connect the game consoles to the Internet and download the official Netflix app on the PS3 or PSP. And to acquire Netflix app on the PS3, for example, you are require a special Netflix disc which will come in the mail like a standard Netflix movie.
Once you insert the Netflix disc for PS3 into your game console, you will see it in the XMB in the video section, select Netflix. After that, you can experience Netflix with ease.
Note: Be sure your PS3 is connected to the Internet and you have a Netflix account to access to your Netflix world.
Once you have downloaded some Netflix movies on your computer, like an iMac, you can transfer them to your PS3 or PSP for further entertainment. But before the Netflix fun, you may are required do some additional things like:
1. Make sure the downloaded Netflix video format is compatible with your PS3 or PSP. For example, some Video Downloader may store downloaded videos in FLV which is popular in streaming format online but is unsupported by PS3 and PSP – these two game consoles normally supports MP4, WMV, and AVI.
2. The video resolution, bit rate and more are proper when playing on the PS3 and PSP.
3. The downloaded Netflix files are not DRM protected.
If you have some DRM-free Netflix files but in unaccepted file formats or unsuitable video resolution and more, you are highly recommended iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac. This Mac app enables you to easily and quickly convert video in all hot formats, and additionally offerrs some optimized presets for hot devices and apps including PS3 and PSP, which means there is no need for you to set the video format, resolution and more by yourself:
- Download and install the Netflix to PS3/PSP Mac Converter, open it;
- Add the downloaded Netflix items to the Mac app;
- Set the preset for PS3/PSP;
- Start the Netflix to PS3/PSP Mac conversion.
- Connect your PS3/PSP to the Mac;
- Transfer the output files to the game console.
That’s all. Have fun!