- 1. WMV Converter
2. Convert from WMV
3. Convert to WMV
4. Play WMV
5. Edit WMV
6. About WMV
You need to embed a video in your PPT presentation but the video is in MP4 format? You have recorded a HD video clip with your phone and want to upload it to a website that accepts nothing but WMV video? Whatever it is your reason for converting MP4 to WMV, an easy-use MP4 to WMV converter is the way out. Here is a guide on how to process MP4 to WMV format conversion.
Best Tool to Convert MP4 to WMV on Mac/Windows Computer
I choose iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for this short tutorial, because it never fails me with its minimal user interface and self-explanatory options. What's more, it works on all modern Mac OS X operating systems, like 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, and 10.6 Snow Leopard. When Apple updates its operating system, iSkysoft updates its video converter. Great! By the way, Windows users can go to get the Windows version.
Key Features of iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe:
- Convert MP4 to WMV files within several clicks.
- Aside from converting MP4 to WMV, it supports to convert video/audio files to 70+ common formats, such as FLV, AVI, 3GP, MKV, MP3, AC3, AAC, WMA, DV, etc.
- Freely edit MP4 videos before converting to WMV with built-in video editing tools.
- Burn videos to DVD as you wish.
- Download online videos from YouTube, Metacafe, Facebook, Vevo, Vimeo and more websites.
- Compatible with the latest Windows/Mac operating system, including Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
The Easiest Way to Convert MP4 to WMV on Mac (OS X El Capitan Included)
Drag and drop your MP4 file to program window. Alternatively, you can go to the "File" menu then choose "Load Media Files" to import your MP4 files. By the way, it allows you to add several MP4 files at a time and convert them in batch. If you want to merge several video clips into one, you can tick the "Merge" option.
In the bottom format tray, you can go to the "Video" tab and look for "WMV" format to set it as the output format. iSkysoft MP4 to WMV converter has built-in presets for various devices, and that means you just need to choose your device models from the "Devices" tab if you also want to use this converter to convert video for your mobile devices.
Click the "Convert" button to start the conversion and the program will take care of the rest. The converted videos will work perfectly with Windows Movie Maker, Windows Media Player and other devices which support WMV video format.
Tutorial on How to Convert MP4 to WMV on Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista
First download and install MP4 to WMV Video Converter for Windows. Run the video converter on your Windows PC and click "Convert" tab. Go to the folder where you've saved the MP4 files. Drag and drop the MP4 files you want to convert to the program. The files will start loading to the program automatically.
At the "Output Format" tab, click the small arrow to show format list. Select WMV as output format. The default setting of the WMV files works well. But you can customize the encoding setting for the WMV files if needed. Click the "Setting" button to customize video and audio parameters.
After you confirm the setting, choose a directory on your Windows PC to save the output WMV files. Then click "Convert" to begin converting MP4 to WMV.
Optional: Online MP4 to WMV Converter
If you don't want to install a computer program, you can also try online video converter to convert your MP4 videos to WMV. Try it below:
Tips: MP4 VS WMV
MP4 and WMV are both the most popular and widely used video formats. MP4 is developed by the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG), while WMV that is short of Windows Media Video developed by Microsoft. You can see the below MP4 VS WMV comparison about their differences.
- It compresses with video codec XVID, MPEG-4, H.264, and audio codec MP3, AAC.
- MP4 is more common than WMV and supported by smartphones, tablets, portable media players, and thousands of other devices.
- It compresses video codec: Windows Media 7/8/9 and audio codec: WMA.
- WMV is used for both video streaming and downloading on the Internet and is highly compatible with Windows Media Player.