As the biggest video sharing sites in the world, YouTube has lots of music videos that you can turn them into MP3 files to enjoy almost anywhere. No matter whether you've downloaded YouTube videos to your Mac or not, you can convert YouTube to MP3 for your player like iPod shuffle as long as you have YouTube downloader and converter. This guide will show you how to convert FLV files to MP3 format on Mac (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, supported).
- Part 1: Download and Convert YouTube to MP3 on Mac
- Part 2: Convert Existing YouTube to MP3
- Part 3: Directly Record YouTube to MP3
- Part 4: Download YouTube Playlist to MP3
- Part 5: Download YouTube to iTunes MP3
- Part 6: Download YouTube to iPod MP3/iPad MP3
- Part 7: How to Upload MP3 to YouTube
- Part 8: Fix 'YouTube-MP3.org Not Working' Issues
Part 1: Download and Convert YouTube to MP3 on Mac (Mavericks)
For Mac users, iSkysoft YouTube Downloader for Mac (OS X 10.9 Mavericks) is such an application to convert YouTube to MP3 in a few clicks. This smart YouTube to MP3 converter for Mac can automatically detect YouTube videos and download them. You can convert the downloaded YouTube videos to MP3 when download is finished. (For Windows PC users, please download the iTube Studio for Windows.)
Support 100+ Websites
One click to download YouTube 4K videos as well as videos from Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, VEVO, Metacafe, Myspace, Break, and more.
Convert YouTube to MP3
Download YouTube to MP3 in high quality. Convert YouTube videos to MP3, M4A, WAV or MKV. And directly export MP3 from YouTube to iTunes.
Presets for Mobile Devices
Support optimized presets for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android phones, Android tablets, PSP, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, and more.
Download to Any Formats
Converts existing or downloaded FLV/MP4/WebM video files to MOV(QuickTime), MP4, WMV, AVI(XviD), MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, MKV , etc.
Part 2: Convert Existing YouTube Files to MP3 on Mac with Video Converter
If you already have downloaded YouTube videos on your local hard drive, you can alternatively use this professional yet easy-to-use YouTube to MP3 Video Converter for Mac to achieve the task. Below are the easy steps:
- Drag and drop to add downloaded YouTube video to iSkysoft Video Converter
- Click the Format icon Choose "MP3" as output format
- Click the Convert button to start YouTube to MP3 Conversion
Note: Whether you choose iSkysoft iTube Studio or Video Converter for Mac, you can easily convert YouTube to MP3 in high quality.
Part 3: Directly Record YouTube to MP3 on Mac with Audio Recorder
If you have got an audio recorder, you are able to skip the steps to download then convert YouTube to MP3 format. The audio recorder can help you to directly record music from YouTube in MP3 format. The highly recommended audio recorder for Mac users should be iSkysoft Audio Recorder for Mac. It allows you to recorder YouTube music in only one click. With this YouTube to MP3 audio recorder, you can even record unlimited music from 500+ music and video sites.
Support 500+ Audio Websites
One click to record unlimited free music from Pandora, BBC Radio, Grooveshark, Napster, Spotify, BBC Radio Audio, iTunes Radio, etc.
Record from Video Sites
Record audio from online video websites like YouTube, Myspace, Metacafe, Dailymotion, and more to high quality MP3 or M4A.
Identify and Get Music Info
Identify the recorded music files quickly and automatically get music information like Title, Artist, Album and Genre.
Record Music to iTunes
You can add the recorded music to your iTunes library or playlist directly using the "Add to iTunes" button.
Part 6: How to Convert YouTube to iPod MP3 or iPad MP3
If you have an iPod/iPhone/iPad, you can convert YouTube to MP3 iPod, iPhone, or iPad to reduce boredom on bus, train, or car, etc. To do so, you need download YouTube off with a YouTube to iPod downloader and converter since iPod doesn't support FLV file. Here I highly recommend you to use iSkysoft iTube Studio for Mac, the best YouTube to iPod downloader. It can download video contents from numerous sites like YouTube, Vevo, Vimeo, DailyMotion, etc. and convert them to MP3 iPod, iPad, iPhone. Follow the below guide to convert YouTube to MP3 iPod in 3 Simple Steps:
- Install and launch the YouTube to iPod MP3 converter.
- Find the YouTube video or music and download it by copying URL.
- Go to Library tab to convert the downloaded YouTube to MP3 iPod.
Part 7: How to Upload MP3 to YouTube
What is MP3 Format?
MP3 is also known as the MPEG-1 Audio Layer. Created by the Moving Pictures Expert Group, this format uses the lossy algorithm to store and play audio clips, thereby effectively reducing the storage space needed to compile the file without affecting the quality of sound too much.
The popularity of this file format was and still is phenomenal over the internet. It is currently the format of choice as far as music files are concerned. It is also the type of file most shared over a peer-to-peer network. When the ripping of CD’s to create MP3 files became possible, many record companies claim that such an act is a copyright infringement.
An MP3 file is predominantly characterized by its bit rate. The higher the bit rate, the closer the output will be to the original sound. However, an MP3 file with a higher bit rate would also mean a bigger data file.
Upload MP3 to YouTube
Want to upload MP3 to YouTube for sharing? YouTube does allow you to upload audio or image files as long as you convert the audio and image files to the format that will work on YouTube. And you must make sure you have the copyright of the content you want to upload.
To upload MP3 to YouTube on Mac, you can use iMovie to help you to convert MP3 and an image to a .mov video file that YouTube supports. (If you are using a Windows PC, you can use Windows Live Movie Maker for help.)
- Step 1. Launch iMovie and drag an image and the MP3 file to the project area.
- Step 2. Adjust the duration of the image to fit the duration of the MP3 audio track so that the file can be uploaded properly. To do so, in the green box, click the gear icon > Clip Adjustments. Copy the number under Source Duration for the audio track. Mouse over the image and click the gear icon > Clip Adjustments. Then enter the number you have copied. Click Done.
- Step 3. Click the Share button and select the option of Export using QuickTime… Give a name to your file and click Save. Then you can upload the converted MP3 to YouTube site.