iTunes is the default media manager applications for Mac OS X. It manages all your videos, movies, music, photos, etc. on your computer and can back up all your iPhone, iPod, iPad data like Contacts, Messages, Camera Roll, Notes, Reminders, Call History, and other data. So, you can recover your data from iTunes backup files if you lost or deleted data from your Apple devices. However, iTunes just allows you to restore the entire backup, not a specific file. If your iTunes backup file is created long time ago. Restoring your device with that backup file will erase all "new" content from the backup point. This is usually unacceptable. The best way to recover data from iTunes on Mac is using a professional iTunes data recovery software application.
iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery for Mac is the most useful iTunes data recovery software that is available to selectively retrieve the contained files. It supports iPhone, iPad, iPod and other Apple products. It is best for recovering your lost important files like contacts, SMS, photos, calendars, reminders, notes, call history, iPod files, Safari bookmarks, emails, etc. from iTunes backup. With this data recovery for iTunes software, lost files will never be a burden to you.
Recover lost data from iDevices, iCloud and iTunes backup files
Anyone can handle it to recover deleted files for iOS 9 iDevices.
- 3 Recovery Modes: Allows to recover data directly from iPhone, extract iTunes backup and download iCloud backup.
- Up to 18 File Types: Recover lost text messages, iMessages, contacts, photos, videos, notes, etc.
- Various Data Loss: Retrieve data lost for deletion, factory settings restore, jailbreak failure, iPhone lost or broken, etc.
- Preview: Lets you read and preview found data before recovery.
- Flexible Recovery: Selectively recover any item you want from iPhone, iTunes and iCloud backup files.
This software can help you get back data from iTunes backup file as well as directly from iPhone, iPod, iPad without iTunes backup files:
- No matter if the data on your iOS device was deleted a long time ago.
- iTunes can't recognize your device
- Your device is lost
- Recover data from iOS device without iTunes backup files.
(The premise of the first three points is you had ever synced them with iTunes)
How to Selectively Recover Data from iTunes Backup Files on Mac/PC
Step 1. Choose "Recover from iTunes backup files" mode
This data recovery mode can selectively recover iPhone/iPod/iPad files as long as you've synced your device with iTunes. After connecting your device to your Mac, choose your device model, and then select "Recover from iTunes Backup File".
iSkysoft iTunes Data Recovery for Mac will find out all iTunes backup files on your Mac. Then choose the desired iTunes backup file for your device. Generally, the latest, the better. Afterwards, click the "Start Scan" button to search for all files in the iTunes backup file.
Step 2. Preview and recover data from iTunes backup file
After a while, all contained files will be found and grouped into various categories like Camera Roll, Messages, Call History, Contacts, Photo Library, etc. Go to the specific category to find your desired items with the help of the Preview feature. To recover the items you need, just selectively tick the boxed before the items and then click the "Recover" to restore them to your Mac.
iTunes Data Recovery Tips: Where's the iTunes backup folder located?
Below is where iTunes backup located, but it seems useless to find these files, because you can't preview them directly unless use iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery for Mac software scan your iTunes and preview them.
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings(username)Application DataApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup
- Windows Vista and Windows 7: Users(username)AppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup
Learn more about how to delete your iTunes backup and how to back up your iPhone, iPod, or iPad data using iCloud or iTunes see here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4946.