Dailymotion is known to be the second largest video-sharing website in the world next to YouTube. It currently has more than 10 million videos and it attracts 116 million unique views per month. If you watch videos on Dailymotion, you might come across some videos that you want to save to your Mac for preserving or playback offline. Fortunately, here is a way for you to download Dailymotion videos and shows.
We have researched into the simplest approach for users who're in need of downloading video from Dailymotion by using a tool named iSkysoft Dailymotion Downloader for Mac. It provides you with a user-friendly method to download videos on Mac (OS X 10.9 Mavericks) from various video-sharing sites. What's more, it will allow you to convert your video files to many popular formats as well.
Launch Dailymotion Video Downloader
First, download and install this Dailymotion Downloader. After you install it, it could be automatically launched.
Download Videos from Dailymotion on Mac
Launch Safari, then go to dailymotion.com and find the video you want to download. When you play the video, a download button could appear on the top left corner of the video. Then three ways can be adopted to download Dailymotion videos.
1) Press the download button which has already appeared on the top left corner of the video.
2) After copies the video URL from your browser's address bar, open iSkysoft Dailymotion Downloader and go to the "Downloading" menu on top to choose "Paste URL". Then the Dailymotion video will start downloading as you expect. Alternatively, you can simply click the on-screen Paste URL button.
3) Directly drag and drop the URL to the dock icon of this Dailymotion Downloader.
Tips: You can watch more interesting videos on dailymotion.com by leaving this Dailymotion Downloader run background. When you find another wonderful video, you can download it in the same way.
Play and Manage the Downloaded Dailymotion Videos
1) If you want to have a look at the downloaded videos, you can go to the Downloaded tab, double click the video and the video will be played with the built-in video player.
2) If you get existing FLV/MP4 videos saved on your Mac, you can easily manage these videos by going to the "File" menu and choosing "Import" to add video files in the hard drive.
Also see the video tutorial below:
Since you have already downloaded video in Dailymotion, you might like to watch them on some portable devices, like iPod, PSP and so on. In that case, you are likely to convert the downloaded videos into other formats, like 3GP, MP4 etc. If so, you just do it with this Dailymotion Video Downloader for Mac. This application functions as the combination of a downloader and a video converter. It provides you with one stop solution to video downloading and video converting. To convert DailyMotion video, go to the "Downloaded" tab and click the "Convert" button on the right. In the window that appears, choose an output format to start the conversion.