- 4. Web Video Downloader
- 4.1 Internet Video Downloader
- 4.2 URL Video Downloader
- 4.3 Embedded Video Downloader
- 4.4 RTMP Video Downloader
- 4.5 Flash Video Downloader
- 4.6 Streaming Video Downloader
- 8.1 Safari Video Downloader
- 8.2 Chrome Video Downloader
- 8.3 Firefox Video Downloader
- 8.4 Internet Explorer Video Downloader
Flash video is used to deliver video over the Internet by Adobe Flash Player (versions 6 and higher). Flash video usually comes with FLV or F4V file format, which has now become the most popular format for embedded videos on the World Wide Web. Video sites like YouTube, Metacafe, Google Video, Dailymotion, Yahoo Video, and many more are providing users with flash videos.
When you enjoy flash videos online, there might be times you want to download flash video to save them on your Mac OS X (10.11 EL Capitan and 10.10 Yosemite) and Windows PC. If so, you are in the right place.
Part 1. How to Download Flash Videos on Mac
The Best Flash Video Downloader
To do this, you can rely on an eligible flash video downloader to get desired videos. If you are looking for a program, the iSkysoft Flash Video Downloader for Mac (or iSkysoft Flash Video Downloader for Windows) will do the job for you effortlessly. Having it installed will let Safari, Chrome, and Firefox automatically detect any flash video on the website you're currently looking at. Then you can download the flash video in only 1 click.
Steps on How to Download Flash Videos on Mac
The following steps will tell you how to download Flash Videos on your Mac computer (including Mac OS X 10.11 EL Capitan, 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite).
Step 1: Start to download flash video Mac
First, download and install the flash video downloader Mac. After you install it, it could be automatically launched. Open the video sharing website with Safari and find the flash video you want to download. Then when you play the video, a Download button will appear on the top left corner of the video. Then three ways are available to accomplish the flash download.
- Press the Download button which has already appeared on the top left corner of the video to start downloading;
- Copy the video URL and then resume to the program and click Paste URL. Then your flash video will be downloaded quickly;
- Directly drag and drop the video URL to the dock icon of the flash video downloader.
Tips: You can watch more interesting videos on the video-sharing websites by leaving the Flash Video Downloader run background. When you find another wonderful video, you can download it in the same way.
Step 2: Play and manage the downloaded flash videos
If you want to watch the flash video right after it is done, you can directly go to the Downloaded tab, and double click the video thumbnail to play it with the built-in video p[layer. Here you can choose any playback mode you prefer and freely take snapshots.
If you some FLV/MP4 video clips stored on your Mac, you can easily manage these videos by using the Flash Video Downloader for Mac (Yosemite). You just need to go to the File menu and choosing Import to load the videos into the program. Alternatively, right click any item in the downloaded video list and choose Import from the resulting menu.
Step 3: Convert the downloaded flash videos to any format
iSkysoft iTube Studio is not only a web flash video downloader, but also a flash video converter. It supports a variety of output formats, enabling you to easily convert both the downloaded videos and local videos to any other video and audio formats. If you are going to watch the videos on your mobile device, you can also choose a suitable preset for your device. To do this, you only need to click the Downloaded tab and find the target video and then click the Convert button.
Part 2. How to Download Flash Videos on Windows
To download flash videos on Your Windows PC, iSkysoft Flash Video Downloader for Windows version is a great helper. It provides you with a built-in browser so you can access any flash videos directly through the program. You can download the flash video with the Download button it enables, or with just the flash video URL. It comes with a lots of useful features:
- Download flash videos from YouTube, Facebook, Lynda, and 1000 more sites.
- Record videos from any sites when the download is unavailable.
- Has a built-in browser allowing you to access the flash video directly.
- Convert flash videos to any formats or directly to your devices.
- Play flash videos with built-in media player.
How to Download Flash Videos on Windows PC
Part 3. How to Download Flash Videos on Browser Chrome
Chrome allows you to download flash video directly with its addon downloader. The steps as below:
Step 1: Search and install the Flash Video Downloader addon from Chrome web store.
Step 2: Go to a video site to open the flash video. The download icon will highlight on your browser. And you will see flash video list that can be downloaded.
Step 3: Click the download button beside the video to download the video you want.
1. Most of the flash videos are not available in the download list.
2. It will make your Chrome dead while working.