What is flash video?
Flash video is a container format used by Adobe Flash Player (versions 6 and higher) to deliver videos on the internet. It usually comes with FLV or F4V file format, and it has now become the most popular format for embedded videos on the World Wide Web. Some notable sites of this format include YouTube, Google Video, Yahoo Video, Dailymotion, Metacafe, and many more.
How to download flash videos on Mac
When you watch these flash videos on your favorite websites, there may be times when you want to download them and keep them on your Mac. To do this, you can rely on an eligible flash video downloader to get desired videos. If you are looking for a program, the Flash Video Downloader for Mac will do the job for you effortlessly. Having it installed will let Safari automatically detect any flash video on the website you're currently looking at.
The following steps will tell you how to download Flash Videos on your Mac computer (including Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks):
Launch this flash video downloader
First, download and install the flash video downloader Mac. After you install it, it could be automatically launched.
Start to download flash video Mac
Open the video sharing website with Safari and find the flash video you want to download. Then when you play the video, a download icon could appear on the top left corner of the video. Then three ways are available to accomplish the flash download.
1) Press the download icon which has already appeared on the top left corner of the video. Here takes YouTube for example.
2) Go to the "Downloading" menu, choose "Paste URL". Then your flash video will be downloaded quickly.
3) Directly drag and drop the URL to the dock icon of the flash video Downloader.
Tips: You can watch more interesting videos on dailymotion.com by leaving the Flash Video Downloader run background. When you find another wonderful video, you can download it in the same way.
How to play and manage the downloaded flash videos
1) If you want to watch the flash video right after it is done, you can directly go to the Downloaded tab, and double click the video to play it. The built-in FLV Player could play it perfectly for you.
2) If you have many existing FLV/MP4 videos saved on your Mac, you can easily manage these videos by using the Flash Video Downloader for Mac (Mavericks). You just need to go to the "File" menu and choosing "Import". Alternatively, right click any item in the downloaded video list and choose Import from the resulting menu.
Please watch the detailed video tutorial below: