So you have an Xbox 360 and wanna play videos on Xbox360, no wireless router nearby, but you do have a wifi-enabled Mac? In this case you can "borrow" your Mac's Internet connection. Now, as with a lot of things, if you were using a Windows PC, the process would be easy. But, for Mac, well, it get's a little tricky. No need to worry, though. This article explains the baby steps to connect your Xbox 360 to Mac OS X's Internet sharing option.
Detailed Tutorial about Connecting Your Mac and Xbox 360
Before you getting down to configure, do below:
Open the Terminal (in Applications -> Utilities) - input "ifconfig en0" (zero, not a capital-o).
The part you are looking for is named "inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx".
After that, record the IP address of your wireless router.
By the way, if you have any trouble importing videos on Xbox, such as failure to play video in either AVI, MOV or M4V on Xbox, use video converting software to convert incompatible formats to those compatible with Xbox. To help you save time and get an efficient solution, you are highly recommended this one: iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac.
people have downloaded it
Simple Steps to Connect Xbox 360 and Mac Computer
1. Connect your Mac to your wireless Internet connection;
2. Connect your Xbox 360 to your Mac by Ethernet;
3. Choose Sharing in system Preference, then enables Internet sharing between Ethernet connection and your Airport.
On Xbox 360:
1. Launch your Xbox and move on to the Network settings menu;
2. In the IP address tab, input the number you have got from the "ifconfig en0" command earlier on, but with the final number one place higher. In my case, I use the 192.168.2.1, and enter 192.168.2.2 in the IP address box on my Xbox 360;
3. In the subnet, enter 255.255.255.0;
4. In the router/gateway, input the number you have got earlier from the "ifconfig en0" command. In my case, that's "192.168.2.1";
5. Go on to DNS. Enter the IP address of your wireless router (in my case, it is "192.168.0.1") in both the primary and secondary IP address fields;
6. Leave PPPoE and Advanced settings blank (i.e. OFF and Automatic);
7. Now you should be able to connect your Mac to Xbox Live by your Internet sharing.
After the Internet connection, you can play videos on Xbox360, play video games, shop online etc. for more fun.