- 1.1 Memory Card Recovery
- 1.2 Recover Deleted Files from Memory Card
- 1.3 Recover Formatted Memory Card
- 1.4 Recover Corrupted Memory Card
- 1.5 Recover Transcend Memory Card
- 1.6 Recover Kingston Memory Card
- 1.7 Recover SanDisk Memory Card
- 1.8 Top Memory Card Recovery Software
- 1.9 Top Memory Card Recovery Freeware
- 2. SD Card
- 2.1 What is SD Card
- 2.2 SD Card Recovery
- 2.3 Recover Deleted Pictures from SD Card
- 2.4 Recover Deleted Videos from SD Card
- 2.5 Recover Damaged SD Card
- 2.6 Recover Corrupted SD Card
- 2.7 Recover Formatted SD Card
- 2.8 SDHC Card Recovery
- 2.9 SDXC Card Recovery
- 2.10 Top SD Card Recovery Software
- 2.11 Top SD Card Recovery Freeware
- 4.1 Micro SD Card Recovery
- 4.2 Micro SDHC Card Recovery
- 4.3 Micro SDXC Card Recovery
- 4.4 Recover Samsung Micro SD Card
- 5.1 CF Card Recovery
- 5.2 Recover Formatted CF Card
- 5.3 Recover Damaged CF Card
- 5.4 Recover Corrupted CF Card
- 11.1 Top Card Recovery Software
- 11.2 Top Card Recovery Freeware
One memory card or flash memory card is a solid electronic flash memory data storage device used in digital cameras, mobiles, computers, laptop, tablet, music players, iOS devices. But in some cases like card damage or accidental deletion, you may lose all your data from your card. Is there any free card recovery software that can be used to save your data from card? Here I will introduce you 10 card recovery freeware.
Part 1. List of 5 Recommended Card Recovery Free Software for Mac
iSkysoft Data Recovery for Mac is one of the best data recovery software. It comes with an easy and straightforward interface for Mac users. More so, it helps recover all types of data that your may have lost from your Mac device. The tool is safe and supports the recovery of data lost in different situations, and I will recommend all Mac users to use iSkysoft Data Recovery to recover data. It has a "Lost Data Recover" mode that facilitates easier file recovery.
Why Choose This Free Card Recovery Software:
- The program is efficient in recovering any data. For instance, it recovers photos, videos, audios, emails, and many others.
- It is essential when recovering data that has been lost due to virus infection, accidental deletion, unexpected power outages, improper operations, and software crash.
- It can restore supported data types from Mac computers, Digital Camera, SD cards, Media players, USB drive, and Memory cards.
- It supports deep scanning of files.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Use Free Card Recovery Software
The following steps guide on how to recover data using the iSkysoft Data Recovery for Mac. However, before you begin, you need to download and install the program to your Mac computer. Make sure that the software is installed on a different drive than the one containing the lost data. This will help avoid overwriting data and improve the chances of successful data recovery.
Step 1 Download Free Card Recovery Software
When you launch the program, four different recovery modes will be displayed in the primary window. Since you are interested in recovering lost data, choose the "Lost Data Recovery" mode. You will see a window portraying the drives in your Mac computer.
Step 2 Scan the Selected Drive
Select the drive that contains your lost data. Then click "Scan". If the disk is not available, click "Refresh Drives", and it should appear. Ensure that you mark on the data types you want to retrieve or mark on "All Types" button.
Step 3 Recover Card Data
Once the scanning is done, all the data available in the drive will be displayed in the next window including the lost data. Select the data types that you want to recover and click "Recover". Save the recovered file in a separate location preferable and external storage device to evade losing them again.
Lazesoft Data Recovery is another data recovery tool for Mac. This software can scan documents, audios, archives, videos and others from external hard disk, internal hard disk, memory cards, USB disks and iPods. It is powerful software that retrieves data lost due to formatting, deletion, or formatted drives. Lazesoft is easy to use and allows you to preview data before you finally recover them. It supports Mac OS X 10.5 to 10.9.
• It has an option to view the contents of a file before you recover it
• It supports different devices
• It does not support the latest Mac OS X 10.10, .10.11 and 10.12
AppleXsoft is also a great recovery tool that you can install on your Mac. This application supports RAID recovery, raw recovery and Email recovery. It is well designed software that enables you recover different data types like music, documents, photos, videos, archives, applications that you may have lost due to formatting, deletion, hard disk crash or system breakdown. Moreover, it can restore data from hard disks, SD cards, CF cards, digital Cameras and Mac computers. It supports Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12.
• It performs an in-depth scan and portrays any lost data through deletion.
• It is built with disk diagnostic tools.
• It can wipe out data permanently.
• The scanning process takes a lot of time.
4. Test Disk
TestDisk is powerful open source tool for recovering data including cards. TestDesk performs basic file recovery like undeleting accidentally deleted files from Fat, NTFS, and ext2 file systems. It can recover lost partitions on your Mac, and External drives like USB. It is a command as a tool; therefore, there is no GUI. It supports Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
• You can recover your boot and rebuild the boot sector
• It also copies deleted files from partitions to recovery media
• It finds lost files in dozens of formats to help in the location of data
• It user interface is not user-friendly.
Mac Data Recovery Guru is built on a fast and efficient algorithm, which enables users to recover files effortlessly. It works with a variety of digital cameras, Android phones, iOS phones, hard disks, and USBs. This latest recovery tool has a great user interface and recovers all the data types that you may have lost due to deletion, formatting, partitioning or system crash. It allows you to scan files on your Mac, preview them one by one and then restore them. It supports Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12.
• It performs great recovery to the recently deleted data compared to other free data recovery software.
• It is compatible with mobile phones other than Mac, Hard disks and digital media devices.
• It takes a bit longer to scan large files.
Part 2. List of 5 Recommended Card Recovery Free Software for Windows
We have chosen Recuva, EaseUS and CardRecovery for showing the work out of these kinds of softwares, with their benefits and limitations. Thus, we describe three free card recovery softwares, with our point of view related to pros and cons opinions. And if you want to learn more card recovery tips, please check this page.
iSkysoft Data Recovery for Windows is a recommendable data recovery tool. It recovers the missing data irrespective of how it was lost, and the process takes place at a very high speed. The tool has a simple interface making it easier even for the first time users. I would recommend the window users to use iSkysoft Data Recovery for Windows to recover missing data.
Why Choose This Windows Free Card Recovery Software:
- It applies to the recovery of all kinds of files such as Documents, Emails, Videos, Photos, Music, archives and others.
- It is capable of recovering data lost through deletion, emptied to recycle bin, device formatting, device corruption, and invalid partitioning
- It has powerful recovery ability with an easier to use interface of three simple steps.
- It has a preview option to allow users review data before recovery.
- It is built with four recovery modes namely; Lost data recovery, Raw data recovery, Partition Recovery and Resume Recovery.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Use Windows Free Card Recovery Software
Step 1 Download Free Card Recovery Software for Windows
Launch the program and select "Lost Date Recovery" mode.
Step 2 Scan the Selected Drive
Choose the drive that has your lost data and click "Scan" to scan for the missing files. Also enable deep scan for a comprehensive search.
Step 3 Recover Card File
Once the scanning is complete, all the missing and found data will be displayed. Select the data that you need and then click "Recover" and select a location for recovered files. The process takes a few minutes. You can also save the recovered files for future use.
2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
EaseUS helps you to recover the photos, any important data lost due to various reasons, such as deletion, formatting, partition loss. The freeware can help you recover memory card photos and important files. EaseUS Data Recovery Free can recover up to 2GB files.
Operating System Requirements: Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003; and for Mac version, Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.7 (Lion), 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
Pros: Up to 2 GB files can be recovered, in most of cases enough for many regular card users and for quick recovery.
Cons: Some bugs with AVI files.
It is a free software used for Windows operating system. With this card recovery freeware, you are not able to move, delete or modify the data from your card. You can only recover your photos and videos and save them in a specified place.
Operating System Requirements: Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP
Pros: Easy to use and friendly-usage.
Cons: Only for photos and videos.
Most of users claim that it is a reliable software and the best part, it can be used for free. Besides your card, Recuva recovers files deleted from your computer; recycle bin, digital camera card, and player. The best advantage is that the software is updated continuously. Also the frequently asked questions menu helps any new user to discover the potential of this software from the first use.
Operating System Requirements: Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, but not RT tablet editions.
Pros: Option to choose the files that you want to recover, deleting for good the files that you do not need any more during the scan.
Cons: Even Recuva shows that one file is 'unrecoverable', the file still can be recovered. Most of users do not know this fact and it is a huge possibility that these 'unrecoverable' files to be deleted for good.
If you are looking for an effective windows recovery tool that can restore data lost due to formatting, accidental deletion system crash or any other reason, then 7-Data Recovery software is ideal for you. It can restore data like audios, images, documents from internal disks, USB drives, memory cards and cameras. It is built with different recovery modes like Deleted Recovery, Digital Mode Recovery, Complete Recovery, Lost Partition Recovery and Android Recovery. It is compatible with Windows; 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2008 and Server 2003.
• Offers a preview option to review data before recovery.
• It has a simple and clean interface.
• It is built with a search parameter.
• The free version limits you to 1GB recovery of data.
Part 3. Possible Problems with Free Card Recovery Tools
Here are some problems or limitations of free card recovery tools.
- The common issues with free card recovery softwares are possibilities to get some viruses also if you are not careful at the link from where you download.
- More than that, whether it recovers your files intact (some recover the files but can't open them) or not is not guaranteed.