"I am trying to import an mp4 file created from a DVD into iTunes' Movie library. I've tried both "importing a file" and "drag-and-drop" methods but no avail. In the latter method, on dragging a "plus" sign follows the drag but then nothing happens. Waited a couple minutes to see whether a status bar indicating the import would initiate but it does not. I am using the latest version of iTunes. Music files work fine, why not this MP4 video?"
Most Effective Tool to Convert MP4 to iTunes on Mac OS X 10.6 or Later
Basically, iTunes can recognize MP4 videos, well, only in the condition of compressing with the supported codec like MPEG-4 or H.264. Namely, iTunes has nothing to do with those MP4 files with the unmatched codec. So for the question up lines, it may be due to the codec problem. This is not a tough problem to work out, actually. Only a professional MP4 to iTunes Mac program needed. And the article here shows you how to fix this with an excellent iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac (Windows version) step by step.
Main Features of iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe
- Convert MP4 files to iTunes supported format with 90X faster speed.
- Convert MP4 for playing and editing on different software, such as Final Cut Pro, iMovie, iDVD, etc.
- Convert MP4 videos to iTunes compatible formats, such as MOV, M4V, etc., without quality loss.
- Burn your MP4 or iTunes videos to DVD if you want.
- Extract audio files from your MP4 or iTunes videos to MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, M4A, AIFF, etc.
- Edit your MP4 files before converting them. You are able to trim, crop, rotate your MP4 videos, or add subtitles/watermarks/effects to them.
- Perfectly compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Easy Steps to Convert MP4 to iTunes on Mac with iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe
There are 3 ways to add files: 1 - drag & drop MP4 files to the MP4 to iTunes Mac program. 2 - go to "File > Load Media Files" to locate files in the resulting dialog. 3 - It's easier to find and import media files from the built-in Media Browser to the application.
To make your MP4 videos be accessible to iTunes, MOV, M4V is highly recommended, and also you still can choose "MP4" as your output format, this Mac converter would automatically set a compatible iTunes codec.
If you are about to play your MP4 videos on iPad, iPhone, iPod etc., just select the output format according to the device name. The converted media files will be added to iTunes automatically. iMovie, Final Cut Pro and iDVD presets are supplied, too.
Click the "Convert" button and let the excellent Mac Video Converter automatically do the rest for you.
Optional: Free Online MP4 to iTunes Converter
You can also try online video converter to convert your MP4 videos to iTunes supported format, if you don't want to install a computer program. Try it below: