The limit compatible video formats of Mac and iPhone to several ones like MP4, MOV, which, to be frank, really reduce our joy. What's worse, some MP4 video files are practically unaccepted by iPad, iPhone etc. In order to fix this, we need to convert MP4 to MOV which is supported by Mac, QuickTime, iTunes, iPhone, iPad and iPod. Note that MOV is the default format of Mac OS X.
Best Tool to Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac OS X 10.6 and Later
If you're choosing the most useful and simplest MP4 to MOV Converter for Mac, iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe is the right one for you.
Key Features of iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe
- No video quality will be lost during MP4 to MOV conversion.
- The application process MP4 to MOV conversion much faster than other converters in the market.
- You can directly convert MP4 videos to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Offer edit functions to crop, add effects to the video files before the start of the MP4 to MOV conversion.
- Burn MP4 or MOV videos to DVD if you want.
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
==> Why choose iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe
Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac with iSkysoft in 3 Easy Steps
Step 1. Add MP4 files to this Mac MP4 to MOV converter
Go to "File" menu, select "Load Media Files" option to import the MP4 files. Or you can directly add MP4 videos to the program with drag and drop method.
Step 2. Select "MOV" as the output format
In the format tray, go to "Video" tab and select "MOV" as output format. If you want to put the output file on your iPad Pro, iPhone (iPhone 6S included), iPod, Apple TV or other popular portable devices, you can select an output format according to your device name! Audio formats is also supplied by the smart Mac MP4 to MOV converter.
In addition, the Mac app has some helpful edit functions such as to crop, trim, add video effects to the videos etc. to make your files more enjoyable. Detailed information about this is in the Guide of iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac (El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion and Snow Leopard included).
Note: To play MP4 on iPhone, iPad, or iPod, you can directly choose the model in the Devices category. By default, the converted video will be automatically added to iTunes library so you can conveniently sync to your device. You're able to change this in the "Preferences" > "Convert" dialog.
Step 3. Start MP4 to MOV Mac conversion
Click the "Convert" button to start to convert MP4 videos to MOV on Mac as you want.
Convert MP4 to MOV with iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for Windows
If you want to convert MP4 videos to MOV on Windows 7/8/10/XP/Vista, please go to get the Windows version of iSkysoft MP4 to MOV Converter.
Convert MP4 to MOV on Windows PC with ease
- Quickly process MP4 to MOV conversion with original quality.
- Directly convert MP4 videos to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch supported format.
- You're able to edit and personalize MP4 videos before start conversion.
- Allows you download videos from online video sites and convert them to your wanted formats.
Video Tutorial on How to Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Optional: Online Tool to Convert MP4 to MOV
If you want to convert MP4 videos to MOV without installing a desktop software program, just try this free online MP4 to MOV converter below:
Other Recommended MP4 to MOV Converters for You
Handbrake is the most famous and comprehensive Mac MP4 to MOV converters that you can download from the internet. The powerful funtions of it allows you to set video parameters as many as you want.Pros:
- The comprehensive video settings of the application are really amazing.
- It's totally free and has no advertisement.
- The program is so comprehensive that it requires some skills and knowledges to process MP4 to MOV conversion.
- It doesn't support MOV as an output format, but it converts MP4 directly to iPhone/iPad/iPod touch supported format.
#2. Miro Video Converter
If you want a simple and free MP4 to MOV converter on mac, Miro Video Converter can be a good choice.Pros:
- A pure MP4 to MOV converter that does nothing else.
- You can use it to convert between most popular formats.
- It's only able to process MP4 to MOV conversion. You can hardly edit the conversion settings and change the output destination.
- There're too many advertisements on this application.
Online Converter does a great job on file conversion. It not only convert MP4 to MOV, but also perform conversion between videos, documents, audios, images and even ebooks.Pros:
- You can convert MP4 video to MOV format quicktly.
- It allows you to convert 4 files at a time.
- Like most online converters, the free version of this tool only allows you to convert videos smaller than 100MB. It's too small for video conversion.
- Your MP4 video should be upload to the internet to be converted. This means the risk of pravite information leak is possible.
Zamar is another online MP4 to MOV converter that I recommend for you. You can upload your MP4 video and select file type or device type you want to convert to. Then input your email address and the converted email will be sent to you.Pros:
- It's a free MP4 to MOV converter for Mac online.
- The free account only allows 100MB video for conversion. You need to pai at least $7 per month to convert MP4 video larger than 100MB, that's too much.
- You'll have to wait for some moments to get the converted video
- Like other online converters, your video should be uploaded to the converter server.
#5. Quicktime Pro
Quicktime Pro 7 for mac is able to convert MP4 to MOV format too.Pros:
- As a comprehensive video tool on Mac, it not only converts your MP4 video to MOV, but also play, edit and create videos for you.
- The price is too expensive if you only want a MP4 to MOV converter (more than $200).