Moving Pictures Experts Group/Motion Pictures Experts Group (MPEG) is a popular format or playable standard format that be supported by many devices. MPEG is often used for creating movies that are distributed over the internet. MPEG movies are saved with .mpg or .mpeg extension. The very unique compression technology of MPEG brings its advantage of small size. When comparing with other audio and video formats, it has much smaller size but high quality.
How to Play and Convert MPEG Videos on Mac OS X (Including El Capitan)
MPEG files can be played on many popular media players, like Windows Media Player, Apple QuickTime Player and other movie players. It also can be supported by programs such as Windows, Mac OS X, Symbian OS, Android and more. If you have an .mpeg or .mpg extension file, you usually have either MPEG-2 or MPEG-1 video. MPEG-2 is used for DVD discs and Super VideoCD(SVCD), while MPEG-1 is for VideoCD discs(VCD). However, if you want to freely play your MPEG videos on different media players, you may need to iSkysoft MPEG Video Converter for Mac to help you. With it, you can easily convert MPEG to AVI, MP4, FLV, etc. on Mac as you want. If you want to play and convert MPEG videos on Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, please get the Windows version here.
More Features of MPEG Video Converter:
- Convert MPEG to more than 50 video/audio formats, including MP4, AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, M4V, VOB, MP3, AC3, AAC, WAV, etc.
- Easily burn MPEG files to DVD.
- Edit MPEG videos before converting them. It allows you to trim or crop videos with built-in video editor. In addition, you can add watermark and subtitles to the video at will.
- Download streaming videos from YouTube, Vevo, Vimeo, Metacafe, Hulu, Facebook, etc.
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
How to Convert MPEG to MP4, AVI, MOV, etc. on Mac
After installing the program, please drag and drop the MPEG files to the MPEG Converter Mac program. Alternatively, go to the "File" menu then choose "Load Media Files" to import your MPEG videos.
As this software allows you to convert MPEG files to various formats, here you should set the output format as you need.
After setting the output format, please hit the "Convert" button to convert your MPEG file to MP4, AVI, FLV, MOV without any quality loss.
Optional: Online MPEG Converter
If you don't want to install a computer program, you can also try online video converter to convert your MPEG videos to any format as you want. Try it below: