Foxit Word to PDF Converter refers to a PDF creation tool that converts any window document to the universally accepted PDF format with just a click of a button. You can easily create PDF from Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Outlook. To convert Word to PDF with Foxit you simply need to install Foxit Reader or Foxit PhantomPDF, open your Word document with the software and then print it with Foxit PDF printer, which appears on your printers list. But Foxit Word to PDF Converter not working problems occur frquently. So you need to get help from alternative to Foxit Word to PDF Converter. Here is the best solution for you.
Part 1. The Best Alternative to Foxit to Convert Word to PDF
iSkysoft PDF Editor for Windows is the best alternative to Foxit to convert Word to PDF. It is an all-in-one PDF editor tool, allowing you to edit, convert, create and protect PDF files in an easy way. With it, you can create PDF in high quality with original file format. Simply drag and drop the Word file and save as PDF. Done!
Key Features of iSkysoft PDF Editor for Windows
- Create PDF from Word, Excel, PPT, EPUB, HTML, Images and more.
- Easily edit PDF texts, images and pages. And markup PDF with multiple tools.
- Convert PDF to Microsoft Word, images, EPUB, and many other formats.
- Protect PDF with password, watermark and signature.
- The OCR feature allowing you to edit and convert scanned PDF.
Steps to Convert Word to PDF
Step 1 Launch the PDF Editor
First install the program on your Windows PC with the help of on-screen instruction. And then launch the program.
Step 2 Import Word Files
You can simply drag and drop the Word files to the program. Or you can click the "Open..." option in the main interface to open the file with the program.
Step 3 Create PDF from Word
Now go to the "Files" menu and click "Save As" to save the Word to PDF format. That's all.
Once all the Word files have been successfully converted to PDF, click the "PDF" icon and then select the "Show in Folder" option in order to find the output PDF files. You can then open the PDF documents with "Preview" option to view and check them.
The Best Mac Alternative to Foxit to Convert Word to PDF
iSkysoft PDF Creator for Mac is all you need to convert Word, Excel and PowerPoint files to PDF in the simplest and fastest way. It supports all Microsoft Office formats, including DOCX, DOC, PPTX, PPT, XLSX and XLS. The high-quality output PDF document preserves the original layout and formatting of the source file.
Key Features of iSkysoft PDF Creator for Mac
- iSkysoft PDF Creator is easy to use since you are just required to drag, drop and then convert files.
- The software keeps your documents private and makes it easy to take and transfer.
- You can create professional looking PDF files without having to install Microsoft Office applications.
- It supports batch conversion of Word, Excel and PowerPoint files to PDF and there is no limitation on the file size or number.
- The program creates high-quality PDF documents with super fast conversion speed even for multiple or large files.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Convert Word to PDF
Step 1 Launch the Program
First, you will have to get online and download either the trial or full version, but to enjoy the advanced features of this amazing software, we recommend that you download the full version. Click iSkysoft PDF Creator installation file and then drag it to "Applications". Once it's successfully installed, double click on the software's icon to launch it.
Step 2 Import Word Files
Upload Word document to the program by dragging and then dropping the specific file/folder to the software's primary interface. Alternatively, click the "Add Files" button or the "Add Folder" to select the documents and then import them to the program.
Step 3 Create PDF
After importing the Word files, click the "Create" button located at the bottom right corner of the software's interface and set the destination folder to save the output PDF document. Click the "Save" button to start converting your Word files to PDF.
Part 2. Troubleshooting on Foxit Convert Word to PDF
Document management tools are of great necessity, especially in office environments and when a problem occurs, having some troubleshooting tips can come in handy. It can save you a great deal of time and money if you know how to get around some issues, even if it means solving it temporarily to complete a task before looking for a permanent solution. This having been said, the Nitro PDF Printer is not to be left behind.
5 Common Issues on Using Foxit Convert Word to PDF
1. Foxit Word to PDF Converter Doesn't Start.
Solution 1: You may be using the trial version of Foxit Word to PDF Converter. You can always try Foxit PhantomPDF for only 30 days and after the trial period, the software will no longer launch. To convert Word to PDF after the free trial, you will have to purchase and activate Foxit PhantomPDF.
2. "Activation failed. Please contact …….." Error When Activating Foxit Word to PDF Converter.
- Go to the Foxit PhantomPDF installation folder> C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF
- Delete the file named as "fpmkey.txt."
- Right click the Activation.exe, run the file as admin and then copy and paste your key to activate the program.
3. Desktop Becomes Blank When Uninstalling Foxit Word to PDF Converter.
Solution 3: To solve this issue, press Ctrl + Alt + Del and then choose Start Task Manager> File> New Task> and input "explorer.exe" in the new task field then click on the "OK" button.
4. No Toolbar for Creating PDF Directly in Excel but its Present in Word.
Solution 4: You need to repair your Foxit office installation and then install Foxit Word to PDF converter afresh. If that doesn’t help, use the following guide.
- Right click on Excel toolbar, and then select "Customize QuicK Access Toolbar…".
- Select "Add-in" located in the left Panel.
- In the Manage combo box select "COM Add-ins" and click on "Go".
- Check "Foxit PDF Creator COM Add-in" and click the "Remove" option.
Click the "Add" option to open the Add-in window box and then navigate to this folder> C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF\plugins\Creator\x86. Choose "FPC_WordAddin_X86.dll" file in the x86folder. Click the "OK" button to add this add-in. Your "Foxit PDF" option will be successfully added to your Excel menu bar.
5. Unable to Print Word Document to PDF, "Current printing driver is not available…." Error .
Solution 5: Your printer driver may be broken. Repair it by uninstalling and reinstalling the software.