- 1. WMV Converter
2. Convert from WMV
3. Convert to WMV
4. Play WMV
5. Edit WMV
6. About WMV
WMV is a very popular video format developed by Microsoft. However, for Mac users, it's a little bit head-scratching to play WMV with QuickTime, edit WMV files with iMovie or to import to iTunes because its compatibility with Mac system is not very satisfying. However, you can convert WMV to MOV (QuickTime) in order to play the Windows' default format WMV on Mac with QuickTime player. Here is the entire progress.
Best Solution to Convert WMV to MOV on Mac OS X (10.11 El Capitan Included)
Key Features of iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe
- It helps convert WMV files to MOV with just three simple steps.
- In addition to MOV, it converts WMV videos to more than 70+ formats, including MP4, AVI, FLV, VOB, DV, M4V, MKV, and so on.
- Edit your WMV or MOV files before or after converting them. It provides with built-in editing tools, like Trim, Crop, Subtitle, Watermark, etc.
- Adjust parameter settings according to your requirements.
- Extract audio from your WMV or MOV video files as MP3, WAV, WMA, AC3, AAC, AIFF, etc.
- Download online videos or burn your WMV/MOV videos to DVD as you wish.
Detailed Tutorial on Converting WMV to MOV with iSkysoft
Step 1: Load WMV files to the program
Drag & drop the WMV files to the Video Converter for Mac. Alternatively, you can navigate to the "File" menu, and click the "Load Media Files" option to select the WMV files and import them to the program. This application supports batch conversion, so you can add more than one file at a time.
On this Mac WMV to MOV converter, with several steps you can also make your videos more interesting and wonderful. All you need is entering the editing interface, adjusting the video effect, zoom and cropping the video frame size.
Step 2: Select "MOV-QuickTime (* mov)" as the output format
In the bottom of the program main interface, you will see the format tray. To convert WMV to QuickTime for playback, you can direcly select MOV in the "Video" as the output format.
If you want to combine several WMV files, you can turn on "Merge" option at bottom.
Step 3: Start converting WMV to MOV Mac (El Capitan included)
When you finish the output settings, just click the "Convert" button to start the conversion. If you don't want to wait around during conversion, you can set "When all jobs finished: Shut down my computer" in Preference dialog, then the program can do that automatically for you.
Optional: Online WMV to QuickTime MOV Converter
If you don't want to install a computer program, you can also try online video converter to convert your WMV videos to QuickTime MOV. Try it below:
Knowledge Sharing on QuickTime:
QuickTime Player compatible video formats:
- QuickTime Movie (.mov), MPEG-4 (.QuickTime, .m4v), MPEG-1, 3GPP, 3GPP2, AVI, DV
QuickTime-supportable audio files:
- iTunes Audio (.m4a, .m4b, .m4p), MP3, Core Audio (.caf), AIFF, AU, SD2, WAV, SND, AMR
To play QuickTime uncompatible files, you can extent QuickTime by using codec components so that you can import or play a variety of additional media formats such as WMV. But this way works very complicated, and it would charge you $29.00. In this way, although you can watch WMV files in QuickTime, you can’t play WMV for other uses, such on edit in iMovie or Final Cut Pro, no organization with iTunes, even no sync to iPhone etc. So the best way is to convert the file format.