MP4 video files are usually supported by iPad/iPhone/iPod, but if you can't sync MP4 to iPad/iPhone/iPod, you should have MP4 files with the resolution or frame rate that are not supported by your iDevices. This happens especially for HD MP4 files, and iTunes is intelligent enough to protect your devices from destroying. What's the solution? Find a video converter to convert MP4 to iPad/iPhone/iPod compatible format.
Here iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac is a great help. With it, you don't have to search around for the right video settings for your devices. The optimal presets for all Apple devices have been included for instant access. The latest iPad, iPhone and iPod are also supported.
How to Transfer MP4 to iPad/iPhone/iPod to Play On The Go
Now, I'll show you how to easily convert iDevices incompatible MP4 video file to the supported format with iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac. The Windows version has a different interface but the steps are similar.
Add MP4 files to the program
1. Download iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac and install it. This Mac video converter app is selected here for its high compatible with iPad/iPhone/iPod by offering the optimized preset for all iDevices, so you don't have to set the resolution, frame rate, format etc. yourself. You're recommended to find MP4 file(s) you want to converter in Finder, or select Show in Finder from iTunes, and then drag and drop them to the program.
Choose iDevice format
At the bottom part of the converter, there is a row of output formats divided into several sections. Just select your device model. You will be able to customize the format parematers if you feel the need to change some format parameters. Click the Settings icon in the format for customizing.
Convert MP4 to iPad/iPhone/iPod compatible format
Lastly, click the Convert button and the rest will be accomplished automatically by the Mac Video Converter. The video conversion won't take a long time.
Also see the video tutorial below for converting MP4 to iPhone/iPad/iPod compatible format:
Transfer MP4 to iDevices with or without iTunes
The final iDevices-compatible video will be copied to iTunes library automatically, so that you just need to connect your device to iTunes and sync as usual. However, here, I'll show you how to transfer MP4 to iPad/iPhone/iPod without iTunes. iSkysoft TunesOver is an ideal software to transfer any videos to iPad/iPhone/iPod in a single click. See more details in the guide for TunesOver for Mac.
Besides transferring MP4 to iPad/iPhone/iPod, TunesOver also supports copy music, playlists with rating and play counts, videos and photos from your iPad/iPhone/iPod to Mac or iTunes. It's a must-have iPad/iPhone/iPod companion you should try.
This product currently is compatible with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks and new iOS 7.
Video Formats Supported by iDevices
Apple's devices mainly supported MPEG-4 and H.264 video codecs, and different codec has different video parameters. Below are the key video settings for iPad, iPhone and iPod models. But if you use iSkysoft Video Converter, you can skip this part because all the presets are already included. Just choose your device and output. It's that easy.
H.264 Video Formats
- iPad, all models: up to 720p, 30 frames/second
- iPhone, all models: up to 640 x 480, 30 frames/second
- iPod, all models: from 320 x 240 to 720p (4th gen. iPod touch), 30 frames/second
- The new iPad and iPhone 4S: up to 1080p, 30 frames per second
MPEG Video Formats
- iPad, iPhone, iPod, all models: up to 640 x 480 pixels, 30 frames/second
- The new iPad and iPhone 4S: 640 x 480 pixels, 30 frames/second
Now you can enjoy any MP4 video on your Apple devices. Have fun.