"Is there DVD burning software allow me to burn a video to DVD on my Mac (Sierra)?" If you want to burn DVD on your Mac, you can find many DVD burner for Mac (10.13 macOS High Sierra included), such as Burn, iTunes, Disk burner, Disco, etc. This DVD burner for Mac can do the basic task on writing a disk quite easily. However, it is hard to decide which one is the best for you to create DVD and CD. No worry! Here we pick up top 10 best DVD burning software for your Mac OS X. They can work well when burning DVD on Mac and come with great compatibility, writing speed and DVD quality.
Top 11 Best Mac DVD Burning Software for Mac (10.12 macOS Sierra)
#1. DVD Creator (Mac)
iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac (macOS High Sierra) provides all the features that all DVD burning software has and works better with more new features. It's a professional app that can help you to "create DVD and burn to disc" with ease. You can enhance your video, transform photos to slideshow with transition and music, design a professional-looking DVD menu, and more.
The software has a very easy to use and user-friendly interface so that it can be easily used by a novice and a professional user. You can simply drag and drop the videos, select DVD menu or edit videos, and then click "Burn" to start burning DVD. (iSkysoft DVD burning app for Windows is also availale.) Enhance your DVD burning experience with below wonderful features:
Key Features of DVD Creator:
- Brand new designed friendly-user interface.
- Burn DVD with high speed and no quality loss.
- Edit video including cropping, trimming, merging.
- Provide hundreds of DVD menu templates.
- Newly added slideshow maker and dvd ripper features.
#2. Filmora Video Editor (Mac)
Filmora Video Editor for Mac is not only a video editor, but also a DVD burner for Mac users to burn the edited video into DVD. You can import videos, photos and audio in any format, do video editing and effects applying, and then export the video to DVD for playing on TV and DVD player.
Key Features of Filmora Video Editor:
- Burn high quality DVD with videos, photos and background music.
- Apply free effects to the video including text, title, transitions, elements, overlays, PIP, etc.
- Edit video with tools like trim, split, copy, rotate, crop and join.
- Support all popular video formats such as MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, and more.
#3. Burn (Mac)
Burn is another Mac DVD burning app. It almost burns all types of files you throw at it. By dividing into 4 modes: Data, Audio, Video and Copy, you can burn data DVD for backup purpose and burn playable CD/DVD without any hassle. In Copy mode, you're able to copy DVD files (.dmg, iso, cue/bin, etc.) to DVD.
#4. Disk Burner (Mac)
CENTROMEDIA has not built a good looking website, but its DVD burner product - Disc Burner - is a useful DVD burning application. Different from other Mac DVD burner, Disc Burner not only lets you burn your music, photos, video and data to DVD, but also pay much attention to the data security. With it, you can easily protect your valuable data on CD or DVD.
#5. Disco (Mac)
Disco was formerly charged for $19.95. Good news is that everyone now can obtain the license for Disco, and bad news is that from July 2011 development and support of Disco have been officially discontinued. Disco was a popular DVD burner app with an elegant user interface. It lets you burn playable CD/DVD by dragging and dropping files to the program.
#6. Simply Burns (Mac)
Simply Burns is another DVD burning app for Mac. As its name indicates that it has a simple interface that allows you to burn DVD with no fuss. With Simply Burns, you can burn videos, as well as images into DVD. And it has the function of creation of audio and coping media. Simply Burns now supports Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.6.
iTunes is a program to burn DVD on Mac that not just allows you to easily organize, buy, play media files, but also lets you burn your media files including iTunes Radio, TV shows, movies and music to DVD. You can create a new playlist on this Mac Mavericks DVD burning tool and drag the files you want to add to the playlist. Then control-click on the playlist and select Burn Playlist to Disc to start burning.
- Pros: Improved search capability. New Colorful interface in new version.
- Cons: Heavy consumption of resources.
- Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android
It is the default file manager found as well as burning software for DVD and CD in Mac. To burn discs with your computer, you do not need a third party program. To do so, you can insert empty disc into the SuperDrive. A window will show up on the screen, select the Open Finder and click OK. On the left side, under Places, you will find a list call Untitled DVD. You can rename it. Now, drag and drop the files you wish to burn to the list. Control-click on the list and select Burn option. On the pop-up window, click Burn button.
iDVD is a popular Mac Mavericks DVD burning software from Apple. This tool can work well for the creation and authoring of DVDs. iDVD gives the user the capability to author and burn music, photos and movies to widescreen DVD using the internal Mac DVD burner or external device. You are able to preview your creations before burning, which will save you many wasted discs.
- Pros: Easier to include DVD menus. Easily integrates with iTunes, iMovie and iPhoto.
- Cons: Does not work well with huge video files. Not suite for the professional.
- Platforms: Mac OS X
Written in Cocoa for Mac OS X, FirestarterFX allows you to duplicate all types of CDs (even those that are not recognized by other Mac OS X applications), burn to SVCD and VCD as well as providing access to a unique set of features like overburning. FirestarterFX is the ideal tool for burning disc images created in the PC world and is able to handle bin/cue files perfectly, which are common on Windows but hard to burn using other tools.
- Pros: Burn at high speeds, utilizes buffer under-run technology that helps avoid wastage of media and access to CDDV for CD-Text automatic creation.
- Cons: FirestarterFX will not copy DVD-Video or encode your videos to other formats like DivX, MPEG1, MPEG2 or MPEG4.
- Platforms: PPC/Intel, Mac OS X 10.4 or later
LiquidCD is another DVD burning program for Mac. It is easy to use and allows you to import photos and videos and burn to DVD. You can add music files and burn to CD. Besides, it also helps you to burn the data to DVD and burn Dreamcast CDS.
- Pros: It is simply to use and support many formats.
- a Cons: There might be manu bugs while burning DVD.
- Platforms: Mac OS X 10.4 or later