One of the best ways to keep your Android contacts safe is to back them up to your iPhone. This is also a great way to synchronize or share your contacts with your device. The problem is that there is no clear cut and easy way to backup contacts from Android to iPhone. To do this effectively, you need to use a reliable phone transfer software. In this article we are going to introduce you to one of the best in the business and show you how to use it to backup contacts from Android to iPhone.
How to Backup Contacts from Android to iPhone
To backup Android contacts to your iPhone, the best program to use is MobileTrans for Mac (or MobileTrans for Windows). This software is specifically designed to allow you to easily transfer or send data from one iOS device to another. This program is an excellent and safe tool that allows users to conduct phone to phone data transfer without the risk of data loss or damage to the data being transferred. This program is however more than just a data transfer tool.
Key Features of MobileTrans:
- This program helps you transfer data such as call logs, apps, messages, calendars, contacts, videos and even music from one device to another in just one click.
- It is compatible with almost all devices. You can transfer data from Android to Android, Android to iOS, iOS to iOS and Blackberry to Android.
- You can also use it to transfer data from iCloud backup files, iTunes backup files and Samsung Kies Backup files to your Android or iOS device.
- It is also a great way to create a backup of all the data on your Android device. The program allows you to back up data such as videos, contacts, music, photos and others to your computer.
- Its biggest feature however is that it allows you to selectively transfer or backup files. You can view the files in the backup and choose the ones you want to restore or transfer.
Step-by-Step Guide to Backup Contacts from Android to iPhone
Step 1. First, download and install MobileTrans for Mac. Once the program is installed correctly, launch it on your Mac. You should see the following primary Window.
Step 2. The next step is to connect both the iPhone and the Android device to the Mac using USB cables. You may need to enable USB debugging on your Android device to continue. If you are requested to do so, take a moment to do that first before we continue.
Step 3. Once the devices are correctly connected to the Mac, click on the "Phone to Phone Transfer" tab. You should see the two devices displayed as in the window below. The Source device should be the Android device because you want to transfer contacts to your iPhone.
If this order is not correct, click on "Flip" above the displayed data to re-order the devices. You should also see the all the content on the source device (the Android) in the middle panel.
Step 4. From this data, select the contacts and then click "Start Copy" to begin transferring the files to your iPhone.
Depending on how much data you have on your device, you have to be a little patient as the process will take some time. Once it is done, all the selected contacts will now be copied on to your iPhone.
This program offers a great way to transfer contacts between devices. You can therefore use it when you want to migrate to a new device or when you just want to keep some of the data on your device safe by copying it in another location. However, you want to use it, its features make it a must have for anyone who owns and uses a smartphone on a regular basis.