Own a new iPhone 4s or iPhone 5 and would like to transfer your iPod movies or music to your new iPhone device? Or you would like to share your favorite video or songs with your friends or family who has got an iPhone? So, how can we import iPod songs and videos to iPhone? For Mac users, you are able to do this by transferring your iPod songs and videos to your Mac (Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard included), then sync the iPod contents to your iPhone. Here this article will introduce you to two free ways to achieve this.
Method 1: Transfer iPod Purchase or non Purchase to iPhone
To import iPod to iPhone including purchase or non pruchase, TunesOver will help you to reach all these. It is an easy-to-use yet professional application for transferring video and songs from iPod to iPhone 5/iPhone 4s. You also can copy movies and songs from iPod/iPhone/iPad to Mac/iTunes, without taking trouble to change the settings on your Mac.
Tutorial on How to Import Videos or Music from iPod to iPhone
Install the TunesOver and then launch it. It will automatically load your iPod touch contents if you have connected your iPod touch to the Mac.
Click "Music" or "Videos" then select the music or videos you want. And click the "Export to iTunes" button to start transferring the files. You even can sync the whole category to your local iTunes also by right clicking the playlist name and select "Export to iTunes".
Connect your iPhone 5 to Mac. And click the "Add" button to select the songs to transfer them to your iPhone 5. It also works with any kind of files, say, music, videos, playlists, photos, etc.
TunesOver is a great application that helps you to transfer iPod touch songs and movies to your Mac. This smart application also enables you to transfer all videos and music to Mac in one time having your iPod touch and iPhone connected to Mac concurrently. TunesOver also enables you to directly copy movies and music from Mac to iPhone, without replacing the original contents. It supports iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPod touch 4, and Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8, or 10.7.
Method 2: How to Copy iTunes Store Purchases from your iPod to Mac
1. Go to iTunes.
2. Select Authorize Computer in the Store menu.
3. In the appeared dialog, the Apple ID option has been selected by default. If you own an AOL account, select AOL.
4. Input your Apple ID or AOL screen name and password, then click the Authorize button.
If the iTunes Store purchases on your iPod or iPhone were purchased with multiple accounts, you will need to authorize the computer for each one.
5. Connect your iPod or iPhone to the computer. If you have synced iPod with another iTunes library, the following dialog may appear:
6. Click the Transfer Purchases button, Or, you can right-click (Windows or Mac) or Control-click (Mac only) your iPod in the iTunes Source list, then choose Transfer Purchases from the shortcut menu that appears.
Note: If you would like to import all movies and music as well as iTunes Store purchases or other sources, or you only would like to copy parts of movies or music to iPhone but not would like to replace the original contents, go to method 1!
iSkysoft TunesOver for Mac, the Easy-to-use iPhone/iPod/iPad Transfer Tool
- Copy music, videos, photos, and more from iPhone/iPad/iPod to Mac or iTunes
- Transfer music, videos, photos and other contents to iPhone/iPad/iPod
- Convert media files to iPhone/iPad/iPod friendly formats
- Manage iPhone/iPad/iPod contents with ease