There might come a time when you need to convert AVI videos to DVD on your computer. To be able to do this, you need to make sure that you have the right AVI to DVD converter. Some support ISO file format, some provide dvd or bluray dvd disk burner tools additionally. The following are the top 10 free AVI to DVD converter for Mac and Windows that you can use.
Part1. Top 5 Free AVI to DVD Converter for Mac (High Sierra included)
1. DVD Creator for Mac
If you have got video downloads or home movies on your Mac in AVI format, you can easily burn them to DVD using iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac. Besides burning and organizing videos to DVD, this AVI to DVD converter for Mac (10.13 macOS High Sierra) is also equipped with powerful editing functions, numerous DVD menu themes and slideshow tools. You can use it to create stylish DVDs with absolute ease. It features a simple interface as well as self-explanatory options that enable you to learn how to use it easily.
- - Brand new designed user-friendly interface
- - Newly added 90+ DVD menu and templates
- - Edit videos with multiple elements before burning
- - One click burn dvd disk or bluray DVD
- - Powerful toolbox including slideshow maker
2. Cisdem DVD burner for Mac
This is a powerful software program that you can use to convert AVI videos to DVD format. Not only does it allow burning AVI videos, but also many other common formats such as MP4, FLV, WMV, etc. without quality loss. You can also use it to make personalized movies from sites such as Google and YouTube. It gives you a very fast converting speed compared to many other burners.
- - It has a user friendly interface.
- - It is powerful and flexible.
- - It can be hard to preview some files before recovering them.
3. Express Burn Free for Mac
This is a lightweight and easy to use AVI to DVD converter for Mac. It is specially designed to help you burn your video to DVDs with absolute ease. It features a very simple and intuitive user interface that gives you quick as well as easy access to the features and tools that you need in order to create a DVD. Besides using it to burn AVI to DVD, you can also use it to create audio CDs with few simple mouse clicks.
- - Its interface is easy to use.
- - It is very easy to install.
- - It does not support Blue-Ray.
This a great tool for creating as well as authoring DVDs on your Mac PC. You can use it to burn movies, music and photos to a DVD whether you are using an external device or the internal Mac DVD burner. It naturally integrates with Apple products such as iMovie, iTunes, and iPhoto. This capability allows you to be so creative with your own music, videos and images.
- - It allows you to make DVD menus easily.
- - It easily integrates with Apple products.
- - It can be a bit troublesome when working with large files.
- - It is not the best choice for professional needs.
5. BurnX Free
With this DVD creator, you will be able to burn your AVI video files to a DVD disc with absolute ease. It allows you to burn multiple discs with multiple sessions in a hybrid format so that they can be compatible with other media platforms.
- - It is very simple and easy to use.
- - It burns and convert videos very fast.
- - It does not support Blu-Ray.
Part 2. Top 5 Free AVI to DVD Converter for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista
If you have a windows PC, you will need to make sure that you have the best AVI to DVD converter for Windows to be able to create DVD discs from the AVI movies and music videos that are on your computer. The following are the best five free AVI to DVD converters for this operating system.
1. DVD Creator for Windows
iSkysoft DVD Creator for Windows is a great tool for transforming the AVI video collections you have on your computer to DVD disc. It features a diverse range of DVD templates that enables you to create unique DVDs from ordinary videos on your computer.
- - Its interface is well designed and intuitive.
- - Allows you to include DVD menus very easily.
- - One click burn to DVD disk or rip DVD.
- - Powerful tools including video editor, slideshow maker, etc.
- - It has limited configuration options.
2. Nero Burning ROM
This software program has lots of advanced configuration options that make ideal for the most demanding of users. It allows you to burn everything to DVD, including ISO files and Blu-Ray data. You can also use it to erase rewritable discs, save ISO files and rip audio CDs. Its writing speed is configurable and it supports overburning.
- - It offers excellent burning quality.
- - If features a wide range of advanced tools.
- - Its installation is a bit longer compared to other DVD creators.
3. Ashampoo Burning Studio
This application provides all the tools you need for creating and burning DVDs, CDs as well as Blu-Ray discs. It also offers options for creating and managing disc images, designing disc wallets, and erasing rewritable discs. You will also find it to be really great when it comes to creating audio discs that you can listen to on a stereo. Not to forget the fact that it has an editor that you can use create slideshows or presentations.
- - It is very easy to use.
- - It supports a wide array of disc formats.
- - It installs Ashampoo toolbar in your browser homepage automatically.
4. WinX DVD Author
With this tool, you can be able to create DVDs from your AVI videos without any technical expertise. It has a very simple interface that allows you to choose what you want to do. It is the ideal DVD creator for basic DVD creation on windows.
- - It is very easy to use.
- - It has an attractive interface.
- - It does not have many advanced functions.
5. Aimersoft DVD Creator
If you have downloaded AVI videos that you would like to save on a DVD for better preservation, this application will make it easier for you. It can convert virtually any SD as well as HD videos to DVD videos, so you will not need to worry about compatibility issues when working with it.
- - It is very easy to use.
- - It allows you to add subtitles to DVDs.
- - It requires a lot of system resources to burn files to DVD.
- - It does not feature much help or documentation.