When your hard disk drive is damaged, the biggest loss isn't the breakdown of the hardware, but the inability to access your data. In the past, you had to hire a professional data recovery specialist to help you retrieve data from a damaged hard disk. But these days, anyone and everyone can recover their lost files by downloading the best damaged hard disk data recovery software, Recoverit (IS).
How to Recover Data from a Damaged Hard Disk with the Best Data Recovery Software
Recoverit (IS) for Mac (or Recoverit (IS)) provides you with the fastest, easiest and safest way to recover data lost due to hard disk drive damage, accidental deletion, formatting, virus infection, improper operation, software crash, unexpected power failure and other unknown reasons. It performs a safe, painless and complete data recovery in just a few clicks.
The software comes with the latest powerful scanning algorithms that enable it to scan any Mac-based or external hard drive and recover everything you need, including documents, videos, photos, email, music, archive files and more in original quality and without destroying any data. In fact, it’s a risk-free process since Recoverit (IS) scans only the existing data on your hard drive through the read-only process, and nothing is changed.
Why Choose This Damage Hard Disk Data Recovery Software:
• The software features a simple interface and wizard mode that makes it extremely easy to use.
• You can distinguish whether the files are good or bad before recovery with the help of the "Validity" attribute.
• Users can recover lost files with their original file and folders names.
• The program recovers data from NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, FAT 16, HFSX and HFS+ files systems.
• It supports data recovery from multiple devices including Mac computers, players, USB, hard drives, memory cards, digital cameras and more.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Recover Data from a Damaged Hard Disk
Step 1. Download, then Install, and Launch the Software
Don't do continued operation on your damaged hard disk drive, including searching and installing the data recovery software in the same location where you lost your data can cause permanent data loss. Therefore, we recommend that you use another Mac computer to get online and download Recoverit (IS). Install the program to a USB flash drive and then recover damaged hard disk data with the software installed on the USB flash drive.
The program comes with 6 file type options that you can choose one or more if you know the types of your lost data. Next, you can click "Next" button to go on.
Step 2. Choose Your Desired Data Recovery Mode
Then a new window that shows the logical drives with sizes and file systems will appear. Select the drive where your lost files were saved and click the "Start" button located on the top of the software's interface to start the scanning process. In case your external drive isn't on the list just select the "Refresh" icon located at the right of "External Removable Device", and it will appear. The time taken depends on the files to be scanned, but Recoverit (IS) will scan your device at an extremely fast speed.
Step 3. Recover Damaged Hard Disk Data
When the scanning process is complete, a new window will be opened. Here, you can preview videos, photos, documents, emails, audio and archive files before they can be recovered. To recover your files, simply check the files in the list and then hit the "Recover" button located on top of the program's interface. Save the data to the selected path, and not to the drive where you lost files (External drives are highly recommended). Then you complete recovery process with this damage hard disk data recovery software.
Additional Tips on Using This Damaged Hard Disk Data Recovery Software:
• The "Deep Scan" option greatly increases the data recovery success since it completely scans data in the entire file system. To activate it, after the default quick scanning process, click the "Deep Scan" located on the bottom of the program's interface and scan again.
• You can pause or restart the scanning process at any time you want and save scan results.
• Scan only the files of a selected file type and save time. You can filter your files by image, video, audio, email, document or archive by just clicking the down arrow button.