When your photos are accidentally deleted or formatted, Easy Photo Recovery can help you retrieve them. The software recovers unreadable or deleted digital photos and videos from hard drives, digital cameras, mobile phones, and from all types of flash cards. However, Easy Photo Recovery has a few limitations that hinder the recovery success, especially for Mac users, they should find the best Easy Photo Recovery for Mac alternative, because Easy Photo Recovery doesn't have Mac version.
Part 1. The Best Easy Photo Recovery Alternative Software for Mac
If you work in a photo studio/ digital photo printing company you need a program that is designed with the ability to recover photos & other files in an easy, safe and fast way. We recommend that you download and install iSkysoft Data Recovery for Mac (also it has the Windows version iSkysoft Data Recovery for Windows). This program is designed with the latest technology in data recovery and offers flexible, user-friendly features that make it easier for anyone to retrieve lost files.
iSkysoft Data Recovery allows you to recover not only photos, but also videos, audios, emails, documents, archive files and more, from Mac-based hard drives, external hard drives, cameras, players, USB flash disks, memory cards and other devices. It comes with 4 data recovery modes that let you recover missing files due to all the data loss causes. The program uses a risk-free read only process and guarantees the safety of your photos & other files during the recovery process.
Why Choose This Easy Photo Recovery Mac Alternative:
- You can pause/ restart the scanning process with just a click
- Deep Scan” greatly increases data recovery success by scanning the entire file system.
- The "Validity" attribute allows you to distinguish the "Good" files and the "Bad" ones before recovery.
- When the scanning process is over, you can preview videos, photos, documents, email and archive files before recovery.
Step-by-Step Guide to Use Easy Photo Recovery for Mac Alternative Software
Step 1 Download Easy Photo Recovery Mac Alternative
Use the compatible cables to connect your digital cameras, external hard drives, players, smartphones and other devices to Mac. If you want to retrieve photos from a memory card, insert it into a card reader before you can connect the card reader to Mac. In case your photos were saved in USB flash drives, connect it directly to your Mac's USB port. Go to download the software and then drag the "downloaded file" to "Applications" to install the program on your Mac. When the installation is over, double click the software's icon to launch it.
Step 2 Select Your Preferred Photo Recovery Mode
From the primary interface, click the "Lost Data Recovery" tab. A new window will open, and it displays all the local and external drives. Click on the drive from where you want to recover photos from, and then select the "Scan" button at the top of the window to start the scanning process. If your drive is not in the list, click the "Refresh Drives" button at the bottom right corner of your screen, and it will appear.
Step 3 Recover Your Photos
When the scanning process is over, the found files are displayed in another window. Here, you can preview your photos before recovery. Mark the files (photos) to be recovered and then click the "Recover" button at the top of the window to save your photos to the selected path. Note that you shouldn't store the retrieved photos to the same drive/ device from where you lost them.
Part 2. Troubleshooting on Easy Photo Recovery
While recovering lost photos with Easy Photo Recovery, you are likely to encounter various problems. In this section, we show you how to fix or troubleshoot some of the most common Easy Photo Recovery issues.
1. Unable to Recover Deleted Photos in CD/DVD-ROM
Solution: Easy Photo Recovery can only recover photos from hard drives and removable media. The software's design and logic aren't optimized for data recovery from CD-ROM. If you want to retrieve pictures in cd-ROM, we recommend that you get a CD-ROM Data Recovery Software.
2. The Programs Terminates Itself When Launched on PC
Solution: You probably don't have the administrator's rights. Restart your computer and log in as the administrator to proceed with the recovery process.
Part 3. Comparison of iSkysoft Data Recovery and Easy Photo Recovery
iSkysoft Data Recovery for Mac
|Mac and Windows||
• Detailed steps guide new users through the data recovery process.
• It lets you save time by scanning files of a selected file type, in original quality.
• Users are free to save the scan results when busy and resume data recovery when they have time.
Easy Photo Recovery
• You can scan for the lost photos with a specific format, (JPEG, AVI, NEF and more) and save time.
• It easy to use and doesn’t modify or overwrite the contents of the original data.
• The software helps you restore photos and videos from damaged flash cards even after you format the media storage device.
|• It takes too much time to scan for the lost photos and at times, it recovers photos broken into 2 sections and with strange colors in lower sections.|