"I am stuck and sick of wandering around looking for a good YouTube video cutter online for my YouTube videos. Yes, it is really sucking. The cash I have been lashing out to pay for the premium versions is eating hard into my account. I have heard a lot of people say there are better alternatives in the form of free YouTube video cutter online. Can someone help me please?"
Indeed, there are plenty of online video cutter for YouTube that can perfectly cut your YouTube videos with ease while keeping the quality of your videos. In this article, you shall be guided on the best free online youtube video cutter websites. Thoroughly go through them and pick the most ideal one for your task.
- Part 1. Reviews on the Best 10 Free Online YouTube Video Cutter
- Part 2. How to Cut YouTube Video on Mac and Windows
- Part 3. Can You Cut Your YouTube Video Directly After Published
Part 1. Reviews on the Best 10 Free Online YouTube Video Cutter
As the name suggest, video toolbox is an excellent YouTube online cutter with a collection of simple yet functional features that performs scores of tasks. Apart from YouTube, you can convert a wide range of video formats such MKV, MP4, M4V, and AMV just to mention but a few. If you are worried about keeping the quality of YouTube videos, then this is an ideal tool for you. The program ensures that the quality of your video remains intact. Once edited, you can upload directly to YouTube or share your videos with ease on social platforms including popular ones like Facebook.
- The program allows users to export edited YouTube videos back to YouTube or other social sites.
- This program does not alter the quality of video files.
- The free version limits you to 600MB file size.
[Update]: Google has closed YouTube Video Editoe service since September 2017.
- The program is equipped with several other editing features that integrates well with video cutting.
- The program's interface is total no-brainer and hence navigation is not a bother.
- Some people have reported cases of the program hanging.
- Sometimes users encounter a 504-uploading error. However, the remedy is simply re-launching the software.
Online Video Cutter appears basic from the interface but the functionality is really exceptional. The program has amassed trust to multitudes of users simply because it doesn't disappoint when it comes to online video editing. The time tracker is specifically essential in creating accurate video cutting which is a desire for every user. It contains assortment of useful features including merge, slow or fasten video, and trim among others.
- The program maintains the quality of video and soundtrack when editing.
- Video cutting is quite accurate due to the time tracker feature.
- This YouTube video cutter online has a limit size of 500MB
Weavely is one among the first-rate online YouTube video cutter software. The program offers plenty of splendid capabilities that would coax virtually any user into constant usage. You can source plenty of videos directly from popular sites like YouTube or SoundCloud and edit them as per your need. This program comes in two versions, the free and paid version. The free version has a number of functional tools that facilitate basic editing including cutting videos while the paid version simply offers some additional advanced functionality. All in all, the free trial version is pretty good to go with.
- This program is quite fast in cutting YouTube videos.
- The user interface is quite user-friendly.
- Full features can be accessed by upgrading to the paid version.
Kaltura is a tool worth mentioning when talking about how to cut YouTube videos online. This open source online video service looks somewhat unpopular to a vast majority but its capability is making it slowly earn genuine trust from scores of media users. For a free tool, you wouldn’t expect too much functionality but the reality is Kaltura just does what you need. Although this tool is quite ideal for commercial and professional use, newbies encounter no difficulties. Regardless of being limited in terms of functionality, the free version has the right mix to ensure excellent cutting of YouTube videos.
- The website is user friendly.
- The program offers community-based solutions.
- Users require the paid version to access advance editing functionality.
Pixorial is a powerful free YouTube video cutter program with plenty of editing options that offers amazing experience. The program has the capability to trim, combine several video clips, and add plenty of effects, texts, tittles, and music tracks just to mention but a few.
- With program, you can access more than 500 free royalty music tracks.
- The program has the capability to transform videos to high-quality production.
- There are no much advanced features.
#7. Cellsea Video Editor
This is no doubt one amongst the top pick online YouTube cutter software. The array of customizable options would generally make your video editing effective and full of fun.
- The program provides a platform for flexible video editing.
- The user-interface is quite friendly.
- This program imports a file size limit of 25 MB.
Wevideo is a popular video cutter available in free and premium versions. Going for the free version is a cost-saving move because it offers basic necessary editing features including video cutting. The program supports a wide range of video formats including popular commonly used. The online storage capacity is at 1GB and thus can edit large video files without problems.
- This program has a large online storage of 1 GB.
- The free version has some limitations which can be avoided by only upgrading to full version.
This is a professional online video editor that does scores of video editing tasks including cutting videos. The program does not impose any file restriction and can thus be used to edit large files. Apart from video cutting, this program has plenty of editing features like video optimization, and online sharing among others.
- There is no file size limitation.
- There are plenty of video editing options.
- It is a bit slow in uploading files
There is no debate about the capabilities this amazing free online YouTube video cutter. The easy to use platform offers a good number of useful tools that help transform the entire editing process unforgettable. You can edit videos of larger size and still get the same awesome experience.
- The program supports both local and online video sources.
- This program has a file size limit of 200 MB.
Part 2. How to Cut YouTube Video on Mac and Windows
Filmora Video Editor for Windows (or Filmora Video Editor for Mac) is a powerful must-have video editor with scores of amazing capabilities. The program has a massive fan base due to its prowess in dealing with videos, audio, and image editing. You can edit videos of virtually all formats on your Mac or Windows without having to get worried on format compatibility. The interface is quite elegant and users do not anticipate a steep learning curve. You can download the free trial version before finally upgrading to the premium version.
- Best video editing software for beginner and semi-professional, that comes with powerful editing skills like trimming, splitting, rotating, editing, etc.
- Advanced video effects like kens burn effect, glitch effect, green screen, audio mixercan also be found and applied to your video within few clicks.
- 500+ free special video effects to customize and create an awesome movie by yourself.
- 1000+ standalone effects downloading resources to make videos in all kinds of styles.
- Record voice in real-time: you can have you voices recorded in realtime and instantly add them to the video files.
[Tutorial] Steps to Cut YouTube Videos on Windows and Mac
Step 1. Import YouTube Videos
Open Filmora Video Editor and go to the "Import Media Files Here" button. From the pop up local file window, simply select the suitable option to fetch your YouTube videos from the save location. Once uploaded, drag the respective video to the program's timeline located at the bottom of the interface.
Step 2. Cut Your YouTube Videos
Move your mouse over the edges of the YouTube video until the "I"-like device appears. Now drag it backward or forward depending on the desired size.
If you want to cut a section that is in the middle of your video clip, you will first have to split the video first. Check the unwanted splitted parts, click "Delete" button on the keyboard to delete it.
Step 3. Export Cutted YouTube Video
When you are done cutting your video, navigate to the "Export" tab and select "Create a Video". This should open an Output window where you choose the desired format, save location and name, and other settings like resolution although not mandatory.
Click "Export" button and wait until the program successfully completes saving your newly edited YouTube video. Remember you can also export your edited video directly to sites like Vimeo and YouTube among others. Simply select your target option within the Output window.
Part 3. Can You Cut Your YouTube Video Directly After Published
Many YouTube users have lived in a world where editing of published YouTube videos required that you pull original video for offline editing. However, this is undesirable because it is time consuming and the video ID would definitely change. This means that all previous links or embeds becomes outdated. Cutting video directly after publishing on YouTube is a nowadays easier than expected. Thanks to the inbuilt new YouTube video editor tools. Follow the steps below and directly cut your published YouTube video.
Step 1. Sign-in
Use your browser to sign-in into your YouTube account.
Step 2. Identify the Video to Be Edited
Once signed in, navigate to My Channel > YouTube Studio. Select "Videos" to display the list of all the videos uploaded in your account. Now select the video you would like to edit.
Step 3. Cut Your Video
Click the target video to view all the details about it. Go to the left side of the interface and hit "Editor" to display the YouTube video editor interface. Just drag the slider on the timeline and cut your video to the desired size.
Step 4. Save Edited Video
Once you are satisfied with the editing, simply hit the "Save" tab and your video is republished without altering the ID.
The Finish Line
From the information provided, you can clearly see that the era of expensive YouTube video upload is gone. Everything now has been brought closer and cheaper than you ever thought. In fact, you can edit a YouTube video (even it is already published) with minimum time and energy and never having to incur any expenses for paying an expert with right YouTube video cutter online. Just create an account and always make use of the online video cutter for YouTube to perform several video editing depending on your need.
If you're interested in Filmora, watch the short clip below to learn more about its new amazing features. Then, start your journey of creating!