MKV is a great file format for storing videos. Unfortunately, these files cannot be played by most DVD players in the market. Therefore, there is a need of software that can convert the MKV videos to DVD. Thankfully, there are quite a few pieces of MKV to DVD converter free software that can perform this task. After all, you may require a DVD version of a video file for a variety of reasons.
Part 1: Top 5 MKV to DVD Free Converter for Mac (EL Capitan and Yosemite included)
You are certain to find pieces of software that can run on your Mac OS X computer. Quite a few of them will be free which makes them perfect if you wish to covert large numbers of files from MKV to DVD.
#1. DVD Creator for Mac
iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac is a great software to convert MKV to DVD on Mac OS X, including the new EL Capitan, Yosemite, Mountain Lion, Lion, and Snow Leopard. Besides MKV, you can import videos in various formats like MP4, WMV, MOV, AVI, and more. And you also can turn the online videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and other sites into DVD. Any home made movies with camcorder or phones can be turned to DVD without any fuss. To make your DVD special, you can edit the videos and add a beautiful menu before burning to DVD. Just try it out.
#2. Pavtube Free DVD Creator for Mac
This software is available in both free and paid versions. However, the free version is also capable of converting MKV videos to DVD just as easily as the paid version. Pavtube is considered to be one of the better pieces of software for conversions available for Mac currently.Pros:
- There are free templates for the DVD menu.
- Many useful features are unavailable in the free version.
- You can use this software only for making DVDs and nothing more.
#3. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is one of the most popular video converters available. The free version can be used to covert MKV files to DVD. You will find it to be very useful for converting videos on your Mac computer.Pros:
- In spite of it being a freeware, a wide range of formats is supported.
- Videos can be downloaded from various websites.
- The conversion speed is not too good.
- The video editor is very basic.
#4. E.M. Free MKV Video2Dvd
The Free MKV Video2Dvd from Effect Matrix makes it easier to convert the videos from MKV to DVD due to its simple interface.Pros:
- The software has an intuitive interface. You only need to drag and drop the files to the interface.
- There are many menu templates available.
- The supported formats are extremely limited.
#5. MacX Free MKV Video Converter
The MacX Free MKV Video Converter is a great piece of software for converting MKV files into your desired format such as DVD. There are additional features which make the software more useful.Pros:
- The software supports a range of video formats.
- The features in the free version are extremely limited.
- The free version of the software does not support HD videos.
Part 2: Top 5 MKV to DVD Free Converter for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista
There are many reasons why you may wish to convert MKV files to DVD. Having a DVD copy is a great way to keep backups of your favorite videos. Additionally, you can watch your videos on television by means of a DVD player.
#1. DVD Creator
iSkysoft DVD Creator version allows you to burn MKV to DVD on any windows OS, like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP and Vista. Simply drag and drop any formats videos or videos downloaded from the sites, you can burn high quality DVD. It provides you with many free menu templates so you can customize your DVD to make your own masterpiece.
#2. E.M. Free MKV Video2Dvd
It is easily one of the better video converters that you can find for free. You can use it for more purposes than to simply convert files from MKV to DVD.Pros:
- Various subtitle formats are also supported.
- Other hand MKV to DVD conversion all other types of conversions will contain a watermark.
- Most features absent in the free version.
#3. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter has remained a very popular choice for video conversions ever since it was released. Free versions of this software are available which can help you convert MKV videos to DVD.Pros:
- A wide variety of formats is supported even by the free version.
- Apart from the conversion function, other features are rather basic.
#4. Freemake Video Converter
As the name suggests, the Freemake Video Converter is completely free. Be that as it may, the software is pretty good and you will have no problems in converting your MKV files to DVD.Pros:
- Videos can be converted easily
- The list of supported formats is rather limited.
Super is widely considered to be one of the most powerful conversion tools. Moreover it is available for free. If you want to convert your MKV videos to DVD, this software will be more than capable of fulfilling your wishes.Pros:
- It is one of the most powerful free utilities for converting videos and even audios.
- The range of supported formats is incredibly comprehensive and vast.
- The interface is very poor and complicated.
- Beginners will have a tough time in understanding the various functions.
Part 3: How to Convert MKV to DVD Free Online
Nowadays, it is not necessary for you to download a piece of software in order to get your videos converted. There are many websites which offer conversion services which will make it easier to convert MKV to DVD free online. If you are looking for such a website to convert your video files, you can try out Office Converter.
Office Convertor is an online file conversion service. With the help of this website, you can convert various kinds of files from one format to another. It can be used not only on computers but also in your mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. You can use this website to convert your documents, audio files and even videos.
With the help of Office Converter, you can convert your videos from MKV to DVD. Moreover, you can convert the videos for free. It is also possible for you to download and directly convert videos from YouTube. Another great feature of this website is its ability to process batch conversions of YouTube playlists.
How to Burn MKV files to DVD with Office Converter
Burning files to DVD has never been easier thanks to Office Converter. The process of conversion is extremely simple.
- Open the appropriate conversion page in Office Converter in your browser.
- Use the option 'Add files' to add an MKV video file from your computer.
- Let it upload completely.
- If you wish to convert a batch of files, simply add them together.
- Once uploaded, you should click the 'Start Convert' button.
- Wait for the conversion to be completed.
- Download the converted file.
Disadvantages of Using an Online Service to Convert MKV to DVD
An online service can be quite beneficial while trying to convert video files from one format to another. The most significant of its advantages is certainly the fact that you can use the service without any costs. Be that as it may, such services tend to have quite a few disadvantages.
Presence of an Upload Limit
The majority of online file conversion services tend to place a limit on the size of the file that you can upload for conversions. Therefore, it is unlikely that you will be able to convert longer videos such as movies with these services. If you want to increase the size you are allowed to upload, you will have to register yourself with the website. Some websites will charge you during the registration while others will not.
Delay in Conversion
It will not be possible for you to get your videos converted in a short period of time no matter what you want. There are bound to be delays in the conversion especially if you are using their services free of cost. If the service is used widely, the waiting time can be considerable.
In order to protect the privacy of your videos, the majority of online file conversion services will be deleting them from their server after 24 hours. While this is certainly beneficial for you, it can also be a problem. After all, you may end up deleting or misplacing the converted video. In such cases, the only option remains is to convert the video all over again.
If you are looking for options to get your MKV videos converted into DVD, you are certain to find many. Of course, you should only end up choosing the correct option for your needs. You can use software for your Mac or Windows computer that has the features you require apart from an excellent conversion system. Alternatively, there are file conversion websites.