Adobe video editing software like Adobe Premiere CC, After Effects, etc. is not easy to use for many users, especially when you're a beginner. So, lots of users are looking for an easy to use online video editor program on the Internet. And then, they realized not all video editing software on the market allow them to edit a video like a pro. That's why we write this article here.
The best part?
This page is going to review the top 5 video editing software for Windows and Mac from different aspects. And all of them have been proved by hundreds of users that are working well (in 2020).
In short: if you want to make some outstanding videos, you have to find a qualified, easy-to-use yet professional Video Editor tool as your personal assistant. And this article will provide you with the best answers.
Let's get started.
- Part1. Best Video Editing Software for Windows 10/8/7
- Part 2. Top Video Editor Software Reviews 
Filmora Video Editor - Edit Videos Like A Pro on Mac or PC
Filmora Video Editor or Filmora Video Editor for Mac is a full-functional video editing software you can't miss. It helps users split, merge, trim, crop, or edit all regular videos for sharing with people worldwide. Unlike Adobe video editor, Filmora video editor is easy to use for beginners, and provides users with various 1-click basic or advanced editing tools. What's more, 200+ special effects makes you to create funny, lyric, cool, etc. videos by yourself easily.
- Edit videos with hundreds of editing effects, including split, rotate, crop, trim, speed control, mute, pan&zoom, stabilish video, green screen, etc.
- Different editing modes allows you to perform your needed effects to your target video easily.
- Comes with built-in effects, transitions, elements, music library makes video editing so easier than before.
- Upgraded UI design makes the whole editing process as easier as 1-2-3.
- Export videos to specific formats, devices, YouTube, Viemo, etc. compatible formats as you like.
- Export videos with watermark in Free version.
Steps on Performing Filmora Video Editor on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP
Step 1. Launch the Best Video Editor and Choose Editing Mode
Download and install Filmora. There's the trial version that's free but which puts a watermark to your videos. Or you can opt for the paid version that's watermark-free. Then, launch it. Here, you can see an interface like below.
Step 2. Import Videos
Select "Import" to import the raw, unedited video of your choosing. Alternatively, you can choose to record a video using your computer's webcam and have that video imported directly into Filmora.
Step 3. Edit Video As You Like
Once you have imported the video clips, you are now ready to edit it with this quick video editor. In fact, the software offers a multitude of ways to edit or customize a video.
- Trim, Rotate, Split, Crop, and Join Video: To flip/rotate a video, just click on "Rotate" button (that is available above your timeline). Now, drag your mouse pointer and trim a video (if required). Also, click scissors & cropping icon in order to perform croppings and splittings.
- Stylize Videos: This Quick Video Editor features over 200 filters that can help you stylize a video. In order to stylize a video, use the Animated Titles, Motion Graphics, and Special Effects.
- Personalize Videos: The software allows you personalize video clips and media files, by adding proper texts and titles. (There are approximately 120 types of title and text are present that will let you quickly personalize your video & make it stunning.)
Step 4. Export Videos
Once you have made all the changes you wish on the video it is time to export it. This basic video editor gives you the ability to export your videos in multiple formats. Also, you can adjust the video parameters and save it for devices as well as share it online and burn to a DVD disc.
Top Video Editing Software in 2018 [Reviews]
#1. Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is a free video editor for Windows, and you can use it to make home movies through the drag and drop method. Besides, it contains features such as video transitions, effects, adding titles/credits, timeline narration audio track and Auto Movie.
- It offers a variety of editing options when you right-click on the video clip.
- The editing menu is full of transitions, effects and you can edit the videos quickly with a drop down menu.
- It only allows you to export videos to DV AVI and WMV formats.
- The older versions do not support transferring of videos to a Windows DVD maker to burn the video to a DVD.
Blender is free and open source creation suite. It supports all the operating systems under the GNU General Public License. Some of the supported features include the 3D pipeline- modeling, animation, rigging, rendering, simulation, motion tracking, composition, video editing and game creation.Pros:
- It has most advanced features such as the modify- based modeling tools.
- It has a flexible python controlled interface, layouts, size, colors, and fonts that can be adjusted.
- It only suit for individuals and small studios.
#3. Movavi Video Editor
Movavi Video Editor is another PC video editing software that is built with a great user interface right from its website to the software itself. It works like Filmora video editor, which allows one to add effects, add music add subtitles and do basic editing. After editing your videos, you can then export them to your Android device or iOS device in different supported formats.Pros:
- It is built with 53 callouts styles.
- It allows one to edit text fonts style and color.
- It is built with 18 preset tunes.
- It does not work with copy–protected videos.
- Paid software, and start from $39.99.
#4. VideoPad Video Editor
VideoPad Video Editor is easy to use an editor which is rich in features. Users can enjoy the smooth editing with the drag and drop timeline as well as loads of effects, transitions and speed adjustment features which make customization easier. The tool has over 50 visual and transition effects to help put a professional touch to your videos.Pros:
- You can edit videos from any camcorder.
- You can create videos for HD, YouTube and DVD use.
- It offers a variety of audio tools.
- The free version is strictly for non-commercial use.