A person can use live streaming platforms to upload video content and then broadcast it to the audience. These are also known as video hosting solutions and online video platforms. There are several reasons why a person will choose an OVP to share something. For example, lead generation, advertising, brand awareness, and getting premium access to video streaming.
These are a few from the list of advantages of a live-streaming platform. There are several capabilities and features that come along with video hosting. For example, professionalism, security, monetization, advanced analytics, and more. As you read through, you will get a better understanding of the 12 best live streaming platforms.
Click here to learn more about what is the best live streaming software and understand the difference between livestreaming software and streaming platform.
So, let's check them out!
- Part 1: Top 7 Live Streaming Platforms You Should Know
- Part 2: 5 Best Game Live Streaming Platforms You Can't Miss
Top 7 Live Streaming Platforms You Should Know
Here is a list of the 7 best live streaming platforms that a person can use to watch the live show he wants to watch or share content with a larger audience.
#1: YouTube Live
YouTube Live is a highlight in the list of the best live streaming platforms. Anyone can use this platform to broadcast their content LIVE or in a real-time format. The medium, as the name suggests will of course be a YouTube channel. The platform is extremely efficient and works according to brilliant analytics. Besides, you can avail of other amazing services such as chats, interactive platforms, or other communication tools.
- You must be capable of handling all the post-production work.
- The benefit of choosing YouTube Live is two-fold. Here, you get to watch preloaded content as well as whatever is running live.
- There is a fantastic live chat option. So, viewers will be able to express their thoughts or communicate while life is still on. It gives the platform an edge over the rest of the entries in this list.
#2: Facebook Live
You can post any content of Facebook using the Facebook Live feature and see how your followers and friends like it. Presently, Facebook Live is more of a trend, and we see it often. You can start a Live video from a page or profile. Even celebrity pages host live videos at times that attract thousands of viewers. What is the best thing about this feature? Well, it lets all the viewers interact with you when the Live is on as well.
- The fact that there is a live communication feature on Facebook Live makes it a favorite. Viewers can directly communicate with the person who is speaking on live and that is a fantastic advantage.
- It not only helps viewers to communicate with the speaker, but the latter can get to know the improvement areas while doing a broadcast.
- You do not have to spend any money to access this feature.
- Your followers will be notified whenever you go live on Facebook.
The Periscope is the ultimate live-streaming application for all personal demands! Moreover, the integration of Periscope to Twitter is just perfect. It is a favorite of several users mainly for two reasons. Firstly, it has an intuitive interface, and second, there is so much brilliant stuff to watch on Periscope.
- If you switch on the video replay settings then your viewers will get to watch the broadcast videos again whenever they feel like.
- Accessing replays become easier with Periscope and you can also delete if you don't like something.
- As a user, you will be able to host a live broadcast for a specific group of audience or generally on Twitter.
Younow is a very popular social TV live platform. It lets users broadcast any content such as videos directly from their mobile phones or webcams. Several people also use it as an interactive platform on which they can talk to new people and make friends with them.
- It is a fun app for communication and lives streaming.
- There are no premium options to make it unaffordable.
- It is a good option for promotions and chatting with people.
Livestream is yet another popular live-streaming platform where you can post content directly from camera, camcorders, webcams, and smartphones. There is a wide range of video tools, media players, embedding options, and sharing features. It is a way in which you can easily stay connected to your potential viewers and audience.
Price: You can subscribe to the basic plan for $42/month.
- The perfect production products along with hardware and software solutions result in a brilliant end to end communication.
- You can boost engagements by chatting with potential people
- You can upload videos to any social media platform directly from an iPhone or iPad
#6: Instagram Live
You can post any content of Instagram using the Instagram Live feature and see how your followers and friends like it. Presently, Instagram Live is more of a trend, and we see it often. You can start a Live video from a page or profile. Even celebrity pages host live videos at times that attract thousands of viewers. What is the best thing about this feature? Well, it lets all the viewers interact with you when the Live is on as well.
- You do not have to spend any money to access this feature.
- Your followers will be notified whenever you go live on Instagram.
Muvi is the best for OTT media. Using Muvi, you get the privilege to get your business launched white-label multi-device video streaming. More than that, it offers video on demand (VOD) and audio streaming as well.
Price: If you want to use a standard plan, it will cost you $319 per month and the professional one will cost you $1,199 per month.
- Muvi offers you a 14 days trial option.
- It is easy to set up as well as there is no coding needed.
- There are different monetization methods that can help your business grow as per your requirements.
5 Best Game Live Streaming Platforms You Can't Miss
The Twitch is helpful for game lovers as they can easily live to stream any of their content on social media platforms. It will constantly update you about the total followers, live viewership, and total views on the previously updated videos.
Price: $4.99 per month.
- Twitch is one of the best interactive live streaming platforms on which you get fantastic services.
- You will be able to watch videos minus any ads to ruin your experience.
- You can access video playlists.
- The turbo account offers extra features.
- Compatible with most of the popular streaming options.
HitBox UI is similar to most of the other streaming platforms for gamers. The only difference is that this one works with a much better color scheme in comparison with the rest. You can search for videos easily and categorize them as well. For example, there are different categories for adults, children, or the public.
- Easy video categorization and fantastic streaming options
- You require a high-performance computer if you want to use HitBox
- Attractive and simple interface
If you want the slickest designs for all your video streaming requirements, then Beam is a perfect choice. The browsing experience is buttery smooth and it attracts more than 100,000 unique viewers per month. As a result, the community is growing quite fast.
- Works perfectly on iOS, Android, Chromecast, and Apple TV platforms.
- Video recording at 60fps frame rate and consisting of 4k abilities.
- Fantastic organization.
Despite all the unknown sign-ins, the content that Azubu offers is genuinely high quality. The work to enhance audience counts is still on. Till then, you can enjoy all your favorite games on this well-organized streaming site.
- Well organized streaming
- Good game content quality
- eSports activity is the primary focus
#5: Bigo Live
Here is the last game live streaming platform on the list: Bigo Live. It has recently come up with even better features to fulfill all your gaming requirements easily. It is interactive live game streaming platforms and so beings people together.
- Easily found on Mac, Android APK, and Google Play
- Clear options for games broadcasting
- Fast and easy streaming to all major social media platforms
Tips: If you want to record the exciting moments in the game and post them on social networks like YouTube o Instagram, then you can use Filmora Video Editor to record videos and edit your game live streaming videos! Trust me, Filmora Video Editor is the best game videos editor you've never seen!
Here are some awesome features of Filmora, if you want to know more, you can click the button below to download and try to edit your own video!
Key Features of Filmora Video Editor:
- Basic and advanced editing tools allows you to do a simple game video cutting, rotating, splitting, cropping, etc. within few clicks.
- 1000+ special effects are here for you to customize your game video according to your own needs.
- Export the edited videos to formats, devices, YouTube, Vimeo or directly burn to DVD as you like.
So, here we have listed some best live streaming platforms as well as streaming platforms for gamers. We hope you enjoyed reading it. If yes, then it's your turn, to begin with your own livestreaming video and get famous.