Is there a way to split a large video without using any app or without installing any other program that is new to us? Yes, we can split the video into parts using VLC Media Player. VLC split video is quite easy as compared to other video splitting programs. You cannot only split videos on VLC but you can also split audio using VLC. Although it is interesting to use a program that is already known to us it has many disadvantages also.
Problems of using VLC to split video into parts
• Splitting cannot be smooth with VLC Media Player. The perfect output of a video into parts can only be done using program specially tailored for trimming videos. Only those programs can give a précised output that you are looking for. Every millisecond counts in a short video and when it splits into parts these millisecond moments are disturbed in the video.
• The time for splitting a video in VLC Media Player is same as that of the video duration.
• We can’t say that VLC split the video into parts but it re-records the video and saves those small segments as a different video file clip.
The Best VLC Video Splitter Alternative
Filmora Video Editor gives you a relief when it comes to video editing. It creates outstanding videos with high-resolution video output. It owns all the powerful tools for video editing. We can edit videos using Filmora Video Editorin simple steps.
Key Features of Filmora Video Editor
- Filmora is really a good video editor for making any kind of video whether it is for personal or professional use. You can edit video in any of the two modes. One is Easy Mode and the other is Full Feature Mode.
- Easy Mode is the one who wants their video to be edited in a quick way. Full Feature Mode video requires complete editing of the video with all the editing tools to be used for it.
- You can have the options to trim your videos, rotate the video, crop and split the videos and then join the split parts that you want in the video.
- You can use filters and add effects you like. You can also record the voiceover, record the screen and use many more features in this very editor.
How to split video with VLC Alternative
Step 1: Launch Filmora Video Editor
Once you download the program install it on your computer. As soon as the program is launched, you will see two options easy mode and full-featured mode as we discussed above. Choose full featured mode.
Step 2: Import video to the program
Now select the video file you want to split and import it to the media panel of Filmora. When importing is done, move the video clip on the timeline. The timeline is at the lower part of the interface.
Step 3: Split video into parts
Click on the video on the timeline and drag the slider to the point where you want to split the video. Once the slider is moved to that point, click on the “scissors” button above the timeline.
You can preview the video using the built-in player for the accurate splitting of the video.You can also choose to delete the remaining part of the clip you don’t want in the video using the delete button.
Step 4: Export the video file
Once you are done with the splitting, click on the “Export” button and save the video clips you made ad you’re done.
You can also join the split segments that you want to be in the video and make a precise video of the best scenes. To add more video to one single video, drag and drop the videos in media panel and take them to the timeline and repeat the procedure and choose the order in which you want the video clips to come up and click Export.