If you'd like to find some free green screen backgrounds (like me), you can get 5 best websites to download free green screen video background in this post.
The best part?
This in-depth guide also includes of:
- Best Green Screen Video Editor for PC, Mac;
- Detailed guide to add a background to green screen video by yourself.
Now, let's drive right in ...
- Part 1. Best 5 Websites to Download Free Green Screen Backgrounds
- Part 2. Get Free Green Screen Backgrounds in Filmora Video Editor
Best 5 Places to Download Free Green Screen Backgrounds
Videvo is a website with green background free video clips that has videos you can use for film production, business, and another kind of related movies.
Videezy has 781 free green background video footage of various different kinds that can be used for various different purposes. The videos relate to Time Lapse, nature, etc.
#3. Motion Elements
Motion elements offer free High-definition videos that can be used for Green Screens.
Filmstock is an amazing website that has free green screen backgrounds. And you can get a lot of video effects, video footage, stock image and royalty-free sound effect and music from there.
XStockVideo is more of a website that provides free green screen stock video footage for professional videos. The videos can be downloaded in 960x540 or 1280x720 resolution.
Get Free Green Screen Backgrounds in Filmora Video Editor
Filmora Video Editor is perhaps the best product out there for getting free green screen backgrounds and editing green screen videos. Filmora Video Editor comes with novel features that let you play with your videos with various marvelous tools. It has a Green Screen feature for users to make impossible scenes possible.
- Green screen: Allows users (including beginners) to emulate the professional "green screens" used by professionals.
- Filters & overlays: Provide a number of filters including light leaks, old film, cinema flair etc.
- PIP: Picture in Picture option helps you to overlay a picture or video with another on the screen to depict a memory or tell a story in different angles.
- Title & Transitions: 100+ transitions for your video clips. Intro and credits clips that you can add to give your green screen videos an interesting start and end.
- Rotate, trim, crop and merge: This video editor has all the basic editing requirements for video making.
[Tutorial] How to Add a Background to Green Screen Video
Before starting to create a green screen video, you need to shoot video clips before a green screen backdrop. Or you can also download some green screen background videos from Filmora or from the websites we list in Part 1.
Step 1: Import your videos and drag to timeline
Drag and drop your videos to Filmora Video Editor first. Alternatively, you can click the "Import" icon to import your videos to this program as well. Then drag and drop your videos to the video track in the timeline to continue.
Step 2: Remove video background with green screen
Right-click on the green screen background video, you will get a drop-down menu immediately. Now you should choose "Green Screen". Then you will see the green screen background become transparent.
Tip: If you have a video background with other color background, such as black/blue/yellow, you can select the color in the settings according to your needs.
Step 3: Add the new video background
After all the settings, you can now personalize a cool background for the video by dragging the new video background file to the timeline.
Why green background is used for videos?
Green Screen is a technique for combining or joining two images or video streams, which is also known as Chroma key in Wikipedia. No matter you are a beginner or a professional, a green screen function could help you to make a cool video.
Where can I get green screen background videos for free?
You can get FREE green screen background videos on websites such as Videvo, Videezy, Motion Elements, Filmstock, and in Filmora Video Editor as well.