- 1.1 Top External Hard Drive Recovery Software
- 1.2 Recover Files from External Hard Drive
- 1.3 Recover Data from External Hard Drive
- 2. Recover Different External Hard Drives
- 2.1 Western Digital External Hard Drive
- 2.2 WD External Hard Drive
- 2.3 WD My Book External Hard Drive
- 2.4 WD My Passport External Hard Drive
- 2.5 Seagate External Hard Drive
- 2.6 Seagate Backup Plus External Hard Drive
- 2.7 LaCie External Hard Drive
- 2.8 Toshiba External Hard Drive
- 2.9 Hitachi External Hard Drive
- 2.10 Samsung External Hard Drive
- 2.11 Dell External Hard Drive
- 2.12 HP External Hard Drive
- 2.13 SimpleTech External Hard Drive
- 2.14 Iomega External Hard Drive
- 2.15 Buffalo External Hard Drive
- 2.16 Transcend External Hard Drive
- 2.17 Maxtor External Hard Drive
- 3. Recover External Hard Drive for Devices
- 3.1 Recover Apple External Hard Drive
- 3.2 Recover MacBook Pro External Hard Drive
- 3.3 Recover iMac External Hard Drive
- 4. Recover Particular External Hard Drive
- 4.1 Solid State External Hard Drive
- 4.2 SSD External Hard Drive
- 4.3 Firewire External Hard Drive
- 4.4 eSATA External Hard Drive
- 4.5 Thunderbolt External Hard Drive
- 5. Tips & Troubleshooting
At present, eSATA is considered as more like the preferred tool for professionals. A lot of modern working stations and high end computers have this on board. If you are someone who is working on a specific project and is particularly concerned with the storage alone while connecting to one computer unit, then having eSata can be a great choice.
Of course there are times when you need to transfer files or place them somewhere else and when this happens, you want them to be intact for you to recover. Whether they are accidentally deleted or buried down on that huge chunk of information stored in your external hard drive, you can have an easy way out of the issue. Now, let's learn how to recover files from eSATA external hard drive.
Part 1. How to Recover Data from eSATA External Hard Drive on Mac
Even with the best tools on your hand, there is no shortcut for everything. It all has undergone a certain process. Same goes when you are using Mac. Now, by having iSkysoft Data Recovery for Mac, you can do the Esata external hard drive recovery of the files in just few steps.
With this smart tool, you can select to recover videos, images, audio and other files from your eSATA external hard drive. In addition to various external hard drives, you can also recover lost data from computer hard drives, recycle bin and trash, memory cards, USB drives and more.
Step 1. Connect External Hard Drive to Computer
The initial thing you need to do is to connect your eSATA external hard drive with your Mac via a USB cable. Then launch iSkysoft Data Recovery for Mac and choose the file types you want to restore, then click "Next" button.
Step 2. Start Scanning the External Hard Drive
In the next window, select your external hard drive from the hard drives list. Then, choose the file type of what you format. After that, you need to click the "Start" button to let the program search for the lost files for you.
Step 3. Preview and Recover Data
When the scanning process is concluded, you'd better preview all your files and only select the files you need. In this way, you can save much time in recovering files.
Part 2. How to Recover External Hard Drive with eSATA on Windows
If you think Mac users are the only ones who can reap the benefits of this efficient software, then you're wrong. By installing iSkysoft Data Recovery for Windows, you are entitled to avail of the following features:
- Recover various file types like photo, video, audio, document files etc.
- Recover files from memory card, hard drives, computers and more.
- Deep-scan your devices for all the lost data.
- Preview files before recover them to your computer.
For Windows users, you just have to run the software and select Lost File Recovery mode to begin scanning your device. Before recovering files, you can go ahead with the preview to manually select specific files rather than recovering all of them. After that, you can start the data recovery for eSATA external hard drive.
Part 3. Most In-Demand Brands for eSATA External Hard Drives
- Seagate - One of the top options for those who want to take files on the go. Its USB powered and is proven to have a fast data transfer procedure.
- WD - This brand is characterized by a high capacity along with its sleek design. Free back up software trial is also provided. It's compatible with USB 3.0 and 2.0
- Lacie - This comes in several units but is best regarded as a professional type of desktop storage. It has universal compatibility and has a body made of high end raw materials such as aluminum for reduced vibrations and noise.