- 1.1 Top External Hard Drive Recovery Software
- 1.2 Recover Files from External Hard Drive
- 1.3 Recover Data from External Hard Drive
- 2. Recover Different External Hard Drives
- 2.1 Western Digital External Hard Drive
- 2.2 WD External Hard Drive
- 2.3 WD My Book External Hard Drive
- 2.4 WD My Passport External Hard Drive
- 2.5 Seagate External Hard Drive
- 2.6 Seagate Backup Plus External Hard Drive
- 2.7 LaCie External Hard Drive
- 2.8 Toshiba External Hard Drive
- 2.9 Hitachi External Hard Drive
- 2.10 Samsung External Hard Drive
- 2.11 Dell External Hard Drive
- 2.12 HP External Hard Drive
- 2.13 SimpleTech External Hard Drive
- 2.14 Iomega External Hard Drive
- 2.15 Buffalo External Hard Drive
- 2.16 Transcend External Hard Drive
- 2.17 Maxtor External Hard Drive
- 3. Recover External Hard Drive for Devices
- 3.1 Recover Apple External Hard Drive
- 3.2 Recover MacBook Pro External Hard Drive
- 3.3 Recover iMac External Hard Drive
- 4. Recover Particular External Hard Drive
- 4.1 Solid State External Hard Drive
- 4.2 SSD External Hard Drive
- 4.3 Firewire External Hard Drive
- 4.4 eSATA External Hard Drive
- 4.5 Thunderbolt External Hard Drive
- 5. Tips & Troubleshooting
Many people would like to use External hard drive to backup all information from our computers. And people usually use external hard drive device in order to keep their important information safe and secure. But what to do when loss External hard drive data due to varies reasons like deleted the files mistakenly, virus infection, formatted the drive, etc.? Can you recover data from external hard drive? The answer is yes! You can get help from a reliable external hard drive recovery software. And the important thing is that you should stop using your external HDD to avoid overwriting the data.
Part 1. The Best External Hard Drive Data Recovery Software for Mac (macOS Sierra )
There are many external hard drive data recovery applications that can restore files from external hard drive for general users. iSkysoft Data Recovery for Mac is one of the best external hard drive recovery Mac applications which can help people recover all lost data, like pictures, videos, audio, documents, and many other important data, from the external hard drive on Mac. Just download the software and connect your external hard drives to Mac computer (including Yosemite, El Capitan and macOS Sierra).
- Recover all kinds of files from your external hard drive, including images, videos, document files, audio files and more
- Recover external HDD data lost due to deletion, corruptio, formatting, virus infection, etc
- You can preview found images and videos before recovery
- Support HDD brands like Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba, Maxtor, etc
Part 2. How to Recover Data from an External Hard Drive on Mac
Step 1 Choose a file recovery mode
Launch iSkysoft Data Recovery for Mac from the Applications folder after installed. In the primary window, first give a try to "Lost Data Recovery". This file recovery mode can quickly recover deleted files from your external hard drive. The original file names and folders can be retained.
Note: If "Lost Data Recovery" mode can't get back your files, use "Raw Data Recovery" mode to scan your external hard drive completely and recover files based on file patterns (without the original file names). If you've formatted your external drive, "Partition Recovery" mode is a better choice.
Step 2 Select a drive and start scanning your external HDD
In the next windows, choose the drive you want to recover lost files from and click "Scan" on top to scan existing files on the selected drive. You can also select to scan which type of files, like video, image, document, archive or email.
Step 3 Start recovering deleted files from external hard drive
When scanning is over, find your lost files in the bottom list. You can use the preview feature to see whether your files have been found out. To recover files, check the boxes of files you want to restore, and click the "Recover" button on top. In the resulting window, select a folder on your Mac (macOS 10.12 Sierra included), rather than on your external hard drive, and click "OK" to start the external hard drive recovery process.
This external hard drive data recovery enables you to recover data from LaCie hard drive as well as other brand hard drive.
Video Tutorial: How to Retrieve Data from an External Hard Drive on Mac
Watch the video to learn how to recover external HDD data with iSkysoft Data Recovery for Mac.