So you've downloaded, or purchased some of the new iPhone/iPod touch apps from the App Store. But not long after, you noticed that there is no need to install that app. This tutorial will guide you in deleting it from your iPhone or iPod touch (iPod touch 4 included). Follow the ways below, and you will easily delete apps from you iPhone (iPhone 5S/5C/5 and 4S/4 included).
Part 1: Directly Delete Apps from Homescreen of Your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- On the springboard, locate the app you want to delete.
- Tap and hold down the icon of the application you want to delete. After a few seconds your screen will start to "wiggle" and an X will appear next to each of the apps you've installed via the App Store.
- Tap the "x" next to the icon of the app you want to remove. When prompted, select "Delete".
- Poof !!! And now it's gone.
- If the application is listed in your iTunes Applications as well, you'll want to remove it from there - or else it will re-install the next time you sync. Alternately you can keep the app in your iTunes Applications, and set iTunes not to sync all applications, just the ones you want to keep. See the Applications tab of your device the next time it's connected in iTunes for syncing options.
Part 2: Delete Apps from the Settings Menu on Your iOS Device
- Find "Settings" on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Then choose "General", and tap the "Usage" option under it.
- You can touch the "Show all Apps" button to get all your Apps on the device displayed.
- Now, choose the one you want to delete and tap on it, then tap the "Delete App" button.
- There will be a pop-up message letting you confirm the deleting action. Just tap the "Delete App" to confirm it.
- That's all. The app disappeared when you get back to the homescreen.
Part 3: What If No "x" Appears When App Is Wiggling?
Apple doesn't allow you to directly delete some apps pre-installed on the device. So when you want to delete them by using the way displayed above, you can't make it. There is no "x" appears when the apps are shaking. Then what should you do? Is there any way you can make it? The answer is YES, and the solution is pretty simple below.
Go to "Settings" > Choose "General" > Tap "Restrictions", and enter your security code > Turn off the app that you want to delete.
After that, go back to your device's homescreen, and you'll find that the app is gone.
Part 4: Delete Unwanted Update of the App on iOS Devices
Regret updating the app to the newest version and want to delete the unwanted update? Honestly, there is no such a way to directly downgrade your app on the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The only way is that you can find the previous version of the app from other app download centers and then reinstall it.
If you really don't want to automatically update your favorite apps on your device, there is a way to stop it. you can set it up manually. How? It's simple. Go to "Settings" and choose "iTunes & App Store" under it. You'll see it as follows.
Then you'll see the menu of automatic downloads. Turn off the option of "Updates" if it's on. From now on, your apps on the device won't be updated automatically, unless you do it on purpose.