When using Windows 10 platform, you should not be worried about getting the right software program for your video editing. You will get many choices once you have considered widely in the online market. The good thing with Internet is that you will have the opportunity of comparing software for decision making. Before making your final decision, take a keen look at the features that each of the program offers. To get you started, consider the following five software programs that have been tested and proven to be effective for video editing with Windows 10.
Best 5 Video Editing Software for Windows 10
Filmora Video Editor is a new video editing tool that's fully compatible with Windows 10. It supports all kinds of videos, audio files and photos and recording the PC screen. It provides all the edititing tools that users need to do the basic editing: cropping, merging, splitting, trimming, special effects: face-off, mosaic, green screen, picture-in-picture, filters, and overlays and all kinds of titles, transitions, and motion effects.Pros:
- Easy to learn and easy to use.
- Provide all the editing features that a beginner need.
- The price is lower than professional ones, but allow you to create professional-looking videos.
- Sometimes, it might not be so stable if you import multiple videos to edit.
- Compared with professional ones, there aren't so many features.
VirtualDub is an open-source software program which is good for use with Windows 10. The user-friendly interface makes it easy to use and will help you to perform editing tasks like adding files, deleting files, cropping side bars, reordering video parts and rotating videos. It’s an all-in-one program that can as well convert videos apart from editing. Those are the main features that you will get to enjoy by choosing to edit your videos with VirtualDub.Pros:
- This program offers the option for video capturing so you don’t have to import your files during editing.
- You can extend files using third-party video filters.
- It supports batch processing which means it's possible handling multiple video files at the same time.
- Despite the interface being user-friendly, it can frustrate at times since it is prone to delivering poor performance.
- Beginners will have difficulties understanding how it works.
Learn More >>
#3. Pinnacle VideoSpin
The design of this program points out to intuitive software that you can rely on for professional video editing. It offers simplicity for those who are beginning with video editing and experienced ones as well. Standout features for Pinnacle VideoSpin are making photo slideshows, deleting needless scenes from a video, 2D transitions, video effects and adding audio or text overlays. You should not have reservations for choosing to have Pinnacle VideoSpin as the preferred program for video editing anytime you have such needs to satisfy.Pros:
- This program has support for many file formats pointing to its high compatibility rate.
- the timeline makes it easy to edit so you will not experience any difficulties.
- You will have to seek registration prior to installing this program to your computer.
- You might have to buy Advanced Codecs Pack at a cost of $10 in advance which will have restrictions to certain formats.
- The fact that the program has not been updated since 2009 casts its suitability in doubt.
Learn More >>
#4. Sony Vegas Movie Studio
This program has full support for Windows and will be a top consideration when editing video. It will be the right choice for coming up with stunning videos at very minimal of your effort and resources. If you are passionate about video editing, then Sony Vegas Movie Studio should be the program that you go for and it retails at $49.95. If you want a free trial version, it is available for consideration. Sony Vegas Movie Studio is an all-in-one solution for video editing thanks to unique features that include simple interface, video stabilization, texts and real-time effects.Pros:
- It has support for limitless input and output formats. You will enjoy assured compatibility regardless of the format for your videos.
- Many people are unable to afford it due to the high price while trial version has limited functionalities.
Learn More >>
#5. Windows Movie Maker
You will be lucky to get a free version of Windows Movie Maker. With no cost incurred, you might be unable to enjoy some of the basic features that you will be looking for. But, that should not be a discouragement because Windows Movie Maker has features to make you comfortable including basic editing tools for slowing down and speeding up video, split, trim as well as adding effects and transitions.Pros:
- You will have unlimited options for video editing to enjoy.
- The timeline feature makes editing easy.
- Increased output options will enhance compatibility.
- You will not have the option for video cutting and it is selectively available as part of Windows OS.
Learn More >>
Filmora Video Editor is a popular video editing tool among users all around the world. It is easy to learn and easy to use. It is updated regularly to add more features and new special effects. You can see hundreds of people share their videos editted by Filmora Video Editor from YouTube. Anyway, take a look at its main features:
- Easy drag to split, merge, crop, rotate and trim videos;
- Over 300 effects available for you to personalize your videos;
- Green-screen, split-screen, face-off, etc advanced features make your video stunning and interesting;
- After editing, you can export the video as almost any video format you like, even burn it to DVD;
Download the free trial version to ignite your creativity!