About YouTube Video Recorders You Must Know:
There are millions of videos uploaded on the YouTube. Sometimes you might want to record the existing YouTube videos for yourself, either for keeping or usage at work. And you might want to record a video of your computer screen for uploading to YouTube. In this case, you're in need of a YouTube video recorder, which is able to record the on screen videos. Besides recording computer screen to make YouTube videos, the mostly commonly YouTube videos are shot with camcorders, smartphones and tablets. In a word, while choosing a YouTube video recorder, select the one that's right for you.
Now, let's start...
- Part 1. 10 Best YouTube Video Recorders to Record the Screen of Computer
- Part 2. 3 Most Widely Used Tools/Devices to Record YouTube Videos
10 Best YouTube Video Recorders
1. Filmora video Editor
Filmora Video Editor (or Filmora Video Editor for Mac) is not only video editing software, but also a YouTube video recorder, helping you to record YouTube videos from PC screen. With the video recording feature, you can record your lovely online videos and video games. And then, you can use the built-in video editing tools to customize your video. Free special video effects are available to make your video more wonderful.
- You can record videos from webcam, PC screen, and record voiceover.
- It supports to edit videos, audio and photos with easy-to-use editing tools.
- You can apply free video effects including elements, PIP, filters, and 300+ more.
- Export video to your desired format, devices, or burn to DVD.
- Purchase the full version to export edited videos without watermark.
Step-by-Step Guide to record video: Record Video on Mac in Different Ways
CamStudio is an absolutely free, professional level, screen recorder available for Windows. It will let you record the screen in high quality in AVI format. Unlike most of the screen recorders, it will also record the audio of the video. The best part about using the CamStudio is the “Picture in Picture” feature, so, you can record two videos, one will be the screen of your PC and the second screen will be recorded using the Webcam of your Windows PC. It will also give you in-depth details while recording the video. After installing it, when you hit the record button, you will have to select the region of the screen which you want to record. However, there are some other modes for the gamers to record the whole screen of the Windows.
- Free of cost
- Light weight and easy to use
- Records the selected region or whole windows
- Records video in high quality AVI format
- Picture in Picture effect for Videos
- Only available for Windows, doesn’t have the Mac Version
- Screen flickering while recording the video
SnagIt is one of the oldest and most popular software to capture and record screen on your Laptop. It is available for both the Mac and Windows PC. The overall user interface of this software is pretty much simply, all you have to do is just press the “PrtScr” key on your laptop and it will show you an outline. You can use it to select the area that you want to record. Now, Click on the Movie button and you’re good to go. The best part about using SnagIt is that it comes with a handful of features to edit your image or videos. Last but not the least, you can easily share the videos with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or mail. However, the single user license of the software will cost you $49.95.
- Available for Windows, Mac and Even Chromebooks
- One Click easy to use interface
- Records videos in high quality
- Also gives option for scrolling for lengthier documents or Webpages
- Hefty Price for a screen recorder
- Eats a lot of RAM, so, it may stuck now and then
- Not suitable for newbie users
Jing is another free, video recorder with a lot of options for Mac PC. This software is also provided by the Tech smith but unlike SnagIt, it doesn’t offer too much options and customization. However, there are plenty of options to record the video, pause them, and restart the recording and much more. Normally, the videos will also record the audio playing in a video on YouTube, but you can simply click on the “Mute” button to prohibit the audio recording. Once you are done recording the videos, you can easily share them either using Camtasia, Facebook or Twitter.
- Free of cost
- Easy to operate, records audio as well
- Play and Pause the video while recording
- Only Available for Mac
- Doesn’t offer many options
- Doesn’t record video in High quality
5. Aiseesoft Screen Recorder
Aiseesoft Screen Recorder is a brilliant app that you can use to record any video and audio that you are streaming from YouTube. This display recorder can also record webcam videos, games, and even online videos. The app comes with an HD video encoding technology that will allow you to track your operations.
- It can record online videos and audio from YouTube and other sources.
- It produces high-quality screen records.
- It is simple and easy to use.
- It only works on Windows OS but not Mac OS.
6. Apowersoft Screen Recorder
Apowersoft Screen Recorder is well known for its ability to record quality screencasts. It also provides you with the option of recording system audio as well as mic audio. With just a simple click, you can customize your YouTube screen recordings to either full screen or a specific part of the YouTube site.
- It has a software converter feature which allows you to convert your videos to 3GP, WMV, AVI, HTML5 or others.
- It allows automatic trigger of recordings based on your task schedule.
- It can record real-time videos and audio.
- It doesn’t have built-in video browser.
7. Ezvid Screen Recorder
Ezvid Screen Recorder is a smart YouTube recorder that you can use to record your screen. It allows you to record very clear videos and be to upload them back to YouTube. This app has an inbuilt video editor. With this editor, you can split the recordings and be able to add text between two clips. In this manner, it will create some slideshow effects on your recordings.
- It has an in-built video editor.
- It allows you to upload your recordings to YouTube.
- It lacks a means of exporting the video that has been recorded.
SmartPixel Screen Recorder has been designed such that it can record anything that is displayed on your computer’s screen. This app is said to be using use some advanced video compression technology. This explains it ability to create high-quality screen recordings that will play smoothly and seamlessly that you won’t even realize that you are watching YouTube videos.
- This app optimizes disk space.
- Provides high-density videos.
- This app features some post editing tools for adding, merging, dubbing.
- Lacks multilingual version.
TinyTake is another brilliant YouTube screen recorder in the market. With this app, you can record your screen, add some annotations and even share the recording on social media platforms. It is one of the best free screen recording software that you can have and has been designed for both Microsoft Window and Mac.
- It is free.
- It is simple to use.
- It has limited features.
10. iSpring Cam
Completing our top ten YouTube recorder list is iSpring Cam.Any Windows user can use it to record screencast without any hassle. This app comes with a number of editing features that allows you to apply audio effects to yours video, remove background effects and also remove video fragments.
- It can capture system, voice and mouse sounds.
- It has editing tools that you can use to edit your videos and audio.
Most Widely Used Tools/Devices to Record YouTube Videos
There are plenty of ways to record videos for uploading to YouTube, every way has its own pros and cons. Some are just suitable for the basic users, however, if you want to record a professional level video, you will need to have a Camcorder or a video camera. You can also use a Phone to record the videos to upload on YouTube.
Webcam is the easiest and most affordable way to record the videos to upload on YouTube. Now-a-days, approximately every laptop, PC or Mac device have a web cam in it. Although the result of the webcam is not up to the par but still it does work for every basic level user. However, most of the devices now-a-days, have a high definition webcam which can record the videos at 720p.
- Free to Use
- Easy to operate for every user
- Stable Video, doesn’t need a tripod stand
- Low quality videos
- There are no functions to record the slow motion or hyper lapse videos
Smartphones have literally changed who we look at different things, from performing everyday task to the videos, you can use the Smartphone for any kind of task. The best part about using a Smartphone for recording the videos is that they have the professional video cameras in them. For the best results, you should use a Tripod stand, so the final video is stable and non-flickering one.
- Cheaper way
- Best results as compared to the Webcam
- Slow motion or time-lapse videos
- Need to buy an extra tripod
- Doesn’t offer professional level video recording
3. Video Camera
A professional level video camera device is what you need to have to record high definition videos. It will offer you everything from basic level video recording to the high professional level videos. There are plenty of video cameras available which can be used to record the high quality videos, some of them are cheap and doesn’t offer much functionality, but others are costly and offers a wide range of video shooting options.
- Best Output quality
- Most of them are easy to operate
- Costly as compared to the other devices