- 4. iPhone 6S Camera
- 4.1 iPhone 6s Camera Megapixels
- 4.2 iPhone 6s Camera Timer
- 4.3 How to Take HDR Photos with iPhone 6S
- 4.4 How to Turn iPhone 6s into a Spy Camera
- 4.5 Is Camera 360 Compatible with iPhone 6S
- 4.6 iPhone 6s Camera Settings
- 5. iPhone 6S Videos
- 5.1 Convert iPhone 6S Videos
- 5.2 Convert YouTube to iPhone 6S
- 5.3 Convert MP3 to iPhone 6S Ringtone
- 5.4 Convert iPhone 6S Videos to MP4
- 5.5 Rotate iPhone 6S Videos
- 5.6 Compress iPhone 6S Videos
- 6. iPhone 6S Tips
- 6.1 Jailbreak iPhone 6S
- 6.2 Recover iPhone 6S
- 6.3 Backup iPhone 6S
- 6.4 Restore Backup from iPhone 6S
- 6.5 iPhone 6S to Android Transfer
- 6.6 iPhone 6S to Mac Transfer
- 6.7 Put Music to iPhone 6S
- 6.8 Sync iPhone 6S with/without iTunes
- 7. iPhone 6S Troubleshooting
- 7.1 iPhone 6S WiFi Connection Issue
- 7.2 iPhone 6S Battery Won't Charge
- 7.3 iPhone 6S Email Not Working
- 7.4 iPhone 6S Camera Not Working
- 7.5 Can't Find Camera Roll on iPhone 6S
- 8. iPhone 6S Apps & Software
- 8.1 iPhone 6S Photo Apps
- 8.2 iPhone 6S Video Editing Apps
- 8.3 iPhone 6S Slow Motion Apps
- 8.4 iPhone 6S Video Trimming Apps
- 8.5 iPhone 6S Camera Apps
- 8.6 iPhone 6S Data Recovery Software
- 8.7 iPhone 6S Video Player
- 8.8 iPhone 6S Video Converter
- 9. iPhone 6S Accessories
The iPhone 6 is known for its numerous innovative features among which the iSight camera. The iPhone 6 comes with an 8MP camera and a number of upgrades all designed to ensure a satisfying user experience where camera use is concerned. This probably explains why the camera makes it to the top of the list of the best phone cameras available in the market today. Just like with all other digital devices, however, you may encounter some problems with the iPhone 6. One of these problems is the iPhone 6s camera not working. There are a number of reasons why this may happen. Below are some of the common reasons why an iPhone 6 camera may stop working and some of the steps that you can take to rectify the situation.
Part 1. Why iPhone 6S Camera Stopped Working?
A camera that is not working will mean either of two things, there is a hardware software or there is a hardware problem. An easy way to tell where the problem lies is to make a video call and see whether both cameras work perfectly during the call. If the cameras work during a voice call, then the camera problem is in most cases software related. If the cameras however do not work when you try to make a video call, then the phone hardware is the problem.
Common hardware related problems include:
- Manufacturers fault;
- When the hardware is compromised for example after a fall.
Common software related problems include:
- Phone software is not updated. For the camera to function properly, the phone should be running on the latest software;
- Settings problem. You may change some settings and in the process compromise the functioning of the camera App.
Part 2. How to Solve "iPhone 6S Camera Not Working" Issue?
For hardware problems - In most cases a hardware problem requires professional attention and it is always advisable to take the phone to the nearest Apple Store especially if the phone is new and the problem could be the manufacturers fault. You could also get in touch with the Apple Support Center to get further guidance. This, however, rarely happens.
For software problems - Luckily most software related problems are easy to deal with and you do not have to necessarily get a professional to rectify the problem for you.
- If the camera stops working because the phone software is not updated, then boot up the phone. Press the home and power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. When the logo appears, stop pressing both tabs and wait for the phone to boot up. Where the camera has been functioning but stops working even after updating the software, you should check whether the camera lens is dirty or there is something blocking the camera, for example the iPhone case. Use a microfiber cloth to wipe dirt off the lens. If the dirt is inside the lens, take it to an Apple store and get the lens professionally cleaned.
- If the camera stops working as a result of a change in settings, then resetting default settings will solve the problem. To reset default setting you need to choose "General Settings", go to "Reset" and press "Reset All Settings". You do not need to worry about losing data after resetting the default settings. Another trick that has been proven to work is to set the phone as new. This is done by connecting the phone to iTunes and choosing the set up as new phone option.
- If your iPhone camera works perfectly after you have followed any of the above steps, then you have nothing to worry about and you can continue using it as long as there are no more problems with the camera or with the general functioning of the phone. If, however, the phone camera does not work after following any of the above processes then visiting an Apple Store or getting in touch with the Apple Support Center should be your next course of action. From there professionals can identify the reason why your iPhone 6s camera stopped working and offer the best solutions available.