You must have probably had the worst experience when using Windows Movie Maker because one of the notable errors is "Windows Movie Maker Codec Issue". If you have been through that, don’t get concerned since you are not alone. Many people have gone through the same problem but it’s time to understand the problem and possible solutions.
- Part 1. The Best Windows Movie Maker Alternative
- Part 2. Common Codec Errors in Windows Movie Maker
- Part 3. Solutions for Windows Movie Maker Codecs Errors
Part 1: Best Windows Movie Maker Alternative without Codecs Errors
If you are looking for a reliable video editing software without codec issues, we highly recommend you to use Filmora Video Editor. It is easy to be installed and provides you with easy-to-use video editing tools. You can import most of popular media files, including any format videos, images and audio. What's more, you can have hundreds of free video effects, such as titles, filters, transitions, green screen, split screen, motion elements, and more.
Key Features of Filmora Video Editor:
- Fully support videos, audio and image format without codec issues.
- Easily trim, crop, rotate, combine and split videos.
- Provide 300+ fantastic free video effects to make hollywood movies.
- Export video to any format, burn to DVD or convert to iPhone and Android devices.
Part 2. Common Codec Errors When Using Windows Movie Maker
In the process of using Windows Movie Maker, these are the common codec issues that you will encounter to hamper your experience:
1. No Auto-recovery/Auto-save. You will be unable to save your editing as you progress with Windows Movie Maker once you encounter such a problem. All changes made will be lost once something happens and the computer goes off. You will have to begin afresh.
2. No Video Clip Export. With Windows Movie Maker, it will be difficult highlighting a video or audio file to export. That is a basic function for video editing that you cannot afford to miss out on but this problem will deny you.
3. In-built DVD Burning Lacks. If you are looking for a program to help you export video to DVD, it cannot be Windows Movie Maker. It lacks that ability and will only frustrate you. Unless you come up with your own software, Windows Movie Maker will not allow you to burn files to DVD.
4. Dysfunctional Audio Anchors. You will be looking for a program with functioning audio anchors but those in Windows Movie Maker don’t function well. The only option will be making slight adjustments but everything else you have on the storyboard will be a in complete mess.
5. Storyboard View Missing. The storyboard in Windows Movie Maker has a lot of limitations thus regulating you on what you can view. It will bring you frustration if you have enjoyed previous versions that allow for storyboard viewing.
Part 3. How to Fix Windows Movie Maker Codecs Errors
1. Freemake Free Video Converter
This one is available for Windows XP / Vista / 7. You will pay nothing to download it and install to your computer. It's a simple and powerful program. Designed with some useful features, it is recommended by countless people. Freemake is a software company that makes audio and video converters and editors for PC. The built-in rotation function in this free video converter tool makes it more attractive. You can enjoy free video conversion once you have chosen this software program. All you need is a single click, and the program will convert your files to any format of your choice.
2. Sothink Free Video Converter
It is well suited for use with Windows XP / Vista / 7. It has multiple features to make your video editing experience memorable. The program also allows users to create DVDs from all major formats at high speed. Users can also benefit from its trimming option. All in all, Sothink Free Video Converter is converts almost all video and audio formats with top speed and simplicity. Users can get excellent video converting experience on all platforms, including PC, MP4 players, Mobiles and Tablets. This is a powerful free video converter with powerful functions that usually only found in paid software.
3. Quick Media Converter
You can use this codec with Win XP, Vista and Win 7 Home Premium. Compatibility is not an issue at all. It converts all your videos in all formats. You can select your own conversion modes and register your own converting profiles. After the conversion, you can easily upload your videos to your social networks. This program also support webcam videos. Feel free to record your own video with your webcam on this free converter.
4. Format Factory (freeware)
Format Factory is a very fast codec and is free from virus attacks. It is a very basic video converting tool. Users with or without experience can learn to use it easily. You simply need to choose the file, add it in the videos and select the output format. Format Factory also includes a codec pack.
5. Koyotesoft Free Video Converter
You will be free to use this codec with 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Seven. Users can benefit from this freeware and the satisfactory results it brings along. Koyotesoft Free Video Converter works at a tremendous speed. All settings can be adjusted easily. You can choose a suitable formats for your output videos. Its user-friendly interface allows all types of users convert their videos easily. This is a program that is fully compatible with the Windows operating system. MP4, AVI, WMV and WMA are the main formats supported by KoyoteSoft Free Video Converter.